Chapter Fourty-four

Delun never let her do anything. He scolded her when she tried to bend over to pick something up. No one left her alone, it was annoying.

It wasn't long till the baby came. She was in the gardwn with Ming, the spring snow was melting.

During the birthing process. It was long and no matter how much she cried out for him, they wouldn't let him in. They let no male into the room. It was long and Delun was ate up with worry as he paced the hall. He was terrified when the mid-wife ran out when the room had gone quiet. "What's wrong? " Delun asked. The mid-wife brook into a large smile.

"You got twins." Delun laughed and walked into the room. Ai sat, holding two crying babies. She looked worn, her hair was a mess and she was covered in sweat.

"Ai."He was breathless.

"One boy, and one girl. My lord." Ju, who came a month before, smiled at him.

"Just like us, Delun." Ju looked at Ai. "They are beautiful, my sister." Delun walked over and looked. Their son who cried the most was chubby, and strong looking. The girl was quiet and smaller looked at him. Delun was in so much love. Ai let Delun pick up their daughter.

"She is so small." Delun was happy, he loved his daughter. Ju got up from the chair beside the bed allowing him to sit.

"It worries me." Ai said softly, allowing Ju to take their son. Ai grabbed Delun's hand, lacing her fingers with his.

"She should be fine, my love." Delun kissed his daughter on the forehead and leaned foreword giving Ai a soft kiss. "Her brother will protect her. Where did Ju take him?"

"She wanted to show him to the others." Ai closed her eyes.

"Ai, are you alright?" He became worried.

"I am tired." She said softly. Delun handed his beloved daughter to a maid, she cried as the maid left to go clean her.

Delun sat closer to her, he smoothed her damp hair. "Are you still in pain?" He asked her. Her face became twisted in pain and placed a hand against her chest. "Ai.." He became filled with panic. She gasped and fainted. "Help." His voice was faint as her hand went limp. "Help!" Delun yelled.

He laid his ear against her chest, trying to listen for a heart beat. When he didn't hear one he ran out into the hallway. A mid-wife ran into the room. Ju was confused, when he followed the mid-wife into the room. Shutting the door.

####
Thats the last chapter. Sad, huh? As it is now, I have been working on the rewritten version(slowly but is has been being worked on) Thanks for the comments I love reading them, thanks for the over 3 thousand reads and the stars. You guys are amazing!

Love ya. Nessy