Chapter Eight

Han stood smirking at him. Delun stood in front Ai, as if he was protecting her. She held her hands in the back of Delun shirt. "Han, what are you doing here?"

"It is a street. Delun, I have the right to be here." Han crossed his arms. Delun was angry. He wanted to leave before he snapped in front of Ai. "Do not be rude, Delun. Who is the lovely flower?" They were once close friends. Delun and Han used to fight along side each other, they risked their own lives for each other. That was until their falling out, the last fight when Delun became emperor. Delun couldn't kill him, he couldn't bring himself to do it. Han was a traitor but was also his closes friend.

"What are you doing here?" Delun asked, he glared at him.

"Oh you know. I am just around and I saw you and thought to myself. There is my friend who I haven't seen in a while." Han chuckled, half expecting Delun to laugh with him. But Delun wasn't amused.

"My lord, is he your friend?" Ai asked. Delun had forgotten that Ai was with them.

"He is no one of importance." Han laid his hand over his chest as of he was stabbed. Delun looked at Ai, Han saw his gaze soften.

"What is this my thine eyes see?" Han layer his arm on Delun's shoulder. Ai noted that they were almost the same menacing hieght. She also noted that they looked almost the same. Han, though, had short hair, while Delun's was pulled back.

"Let's go, Ai." Delun shrug off Han's arm.

"Ai. Such a lovely name." His smile was evil. Nothing but pure evil. Delun saw it. And he did not like it at all. "Meaning love, affection and also friendly." Han held her hand, Delun was angry.

"Leave her be. Han." Delun stepped in between them. He hated Han, even more so since he touched what was Delun's.

Ai was shocked and confused. She thought they were friends. That is what Han had said. People were watching them. It was making Ai nervous. "My lord," Ai tugged on his sleeve. "My lord." She tugged on his sleeve trying to get his attention. She was failing because he and Han was in a stair down. They were flaring at each other, Han had a smile that wasn't kind. "My lord!" She tugged harder. But Delun and Han was having a 91st moment. She sighed grabbing his hand. She was getting nervous by all the stairs she was receiving. The small fruit sticks layed in the dirt. "I thought you wanted to leave?"

"Ai, shall I see you sometime?" Delun took his hand away and grabbed Han by the throat. He was so strong and fast. It surprised Ai at first, then she was terrified by the violence. "You don't have the guts." Han hissed, Delun tightened his grip.

"Watch me." Delun hissed back, he knew he couldn't to it. If he couldn't do it then, what did he think he could to it now. Han gasped for air and clawed at Delun wrist.

"Delun!" Ai cried. He froze, he never heard her saw his name. Although she was in distress, his name sounded beautiful on her lips. He tossed, Han to the ground. He wasn't going to let Ai see him kill.

Ai eyes were watery. She couldn't believe that he was going to kill one of his friends. Ai thought wrong of Delun. The rumours cook and the maids told her about the young looking emperor. She never wanted to believe them for her father told her he was kind. But now she knew the maids were right about him. "Don't come near what is mine." Delun hissed. Han held onto his throat panting in the dirt. He glared at Delun.

"It seems," Han gave a low chuckle, people around were watching getting ready to gossip about what was happening in the market. "What is your's is not very fond of you. My emperor." He sneered Delun's title.

Delun kicked him, making Han groan and fold into himself. Ai helped covering her mouth with both of her hands. "Let's go Ai." He sent glared to people as he walked. Ai stared at Han, she was shocked and unsure what to do. Han mouthed something to her, she frowned unsure what to say or do. "Ai let's go." Delun snapped. Han laughed as he layed on the ground. And then he groaned. Ai didn't want to go with him, but she had to. He was to be her husband. It was an honour to be his wife. She didn't want him, she didn't want a cruel husband. She didn't want to be married.

Ai followed him. Wondering why Delun wanted to kill his friend and she was still terrified of the events that had unfolded before her. She wouldn't cry, she wouldn't let her mother down. It was un-ladylike and dishonorable to cry in front of people. She definitely wasn't going to cry in front Delun.

He waited for her, glaring at the
commoners and at Han who watched her. When she walled up to him, he layed his hand on her back and started walking quickly with her. He knew Han was planning something, he knew it would cost him in the future. Knowing Han, Delun had to be one step ahead of him.