Chapter Fourty

"I don't want him to stay. I want you to stay!" Ai snapped at him, her voice creaked.

"Ai." He jerked her chin to face him. "I am the Emperor, I will go to my men who are risking their lives to protect our kingdom. Even if that means I could lose my own life." His voice was stern, he hated having to talk to her like this, but she was being unreasonable. "Do you understand me Ai?" She wiped her eyes and nodded her head. "I am doing it to protect you, my love, I am not very fond of war."

"Then why don't you give her back to them." She asked him. He froze, she knew, she knew he held Octavia captive.

"How did you know?" He hissed. His temper was growing.

"I found the door, Delun. I saw her, Delun." She narrowed her eyes at him.

"Well," he licked his lips. "She's dead. I guess I could throw her corpse at them." He sneered.

"What did she do to you to deserve that?!" Ai shouted. If her mother heard her she would have dropped dead.

"Your a women I don't have to tell you anything-" She slapped him, hard. His cheek held a red mark of her hand and her hand tingled. He stard at her in total surprise.

"Your cruel, Delun." Ai glared at him. "How can you even? How stupid are you?! You brought our kingdom to war because of your stupidity! You are the dumbest man I have ever meet and I know Chao!"

"Really, Ai?" He yelled back. "I am the dumb one? You are a sheltered brat! You know nothing!" She crossed her arms over her chest. "The only reason I married you was because of a loss beat I had against your father!"

"You really are an ass." She shook her head.

"Your nothing to me Ai!" He shouted.

"I hate you!" She ran out the door, blinded by tears. Delun sat down, blinking slowly. He hurt as he had when Ting said those words long ago. He buried his face in his hands.

"Delun." Ming said softly.

"Go away, Ming. I am not in the mood." Delun practically growled and Ming winced. Delun looked up, watching Ming walk slowly away as if he wanted him to call out to him, to make him stay. Delun pressed his lips tightly and stayed quiet.