Chapter Twenty-nine

Delun was frozen with shock, but he quickly reacted. He pulled her closer, his heart was racing and he parted his mouth deepening their kiss. When they parted. He rested his head against hers. "I thought you were with your mother." Ai's face went into a frown.

"Mother.."Ai closed her eyes, her mother wanted Delun to die.

"Is something wrong?" He tightened his hold on her.

"Delun...My mother.." She bit her bottom lip. "Well, you see..." She didn't know how to bring it up. "She wants..."

"Ai. Darling, it is alright. You can tell me." She realized she couldn't, she couldn't tell Delun. He would be angry he might even have her mother execute her.

"She misses father terribly." Ai said quickly. She was weak, she couldn't tell him. Ai felt weak.

Delun leaned closer, his lips a breath away. "Your hiding something." Her face paled. He knew, she couldn't believe it. "Ai..."

"My lord, I-"

"Hush." Delun closed his eyes. "Sweet Ai, you do not know how long I waited for your kiss." Ai's face went red. "Perhaps you could grant me one more."

"Delun..." She touched his face gently. She couldn't help thinking of him dead. "I-"

"Oy! Delun!" Chao intruppted her. Delun looked up. Ai was going to say something, but Chao ruined it. But he looked as if he was in a panic. "There was an attack!" Chao stood hunched over as if he ran.

"Where at?" Delun asked.

"On... On ourside of the border." Delun letted go of Ai. She looked at him, he was terrifying. His face was emotionless, not like the man from less than a second ago, his body was striaght as if he never relaxed. "Three villages were destroyed. We have people dead."

Ai looked at him. He seemed diffrent, as if he was a different person. "Delun.."

His jaw was clenched. Chao already knew what he was going to say. "This is war." Delun voice was loud and clear, it had no emotion.

"What will you have me do, Delun?" Chao asked. His face betrayed his voice. While his voice was strong, his face had fear and worry.

"Get me my soldiers." Delun left Ai, walking towards the Palace. She jogged after him, grabing his hand. She intertwined her fingers with his. He didn't look down at her, only squeezed hers. "Ai, don't worry." His voice was soft, they went down the hall.

Their people were killed for no reason and now they were going into war. How could she not worry? It was all happening so fast. Ai let his hand go, she was going to look for her mother. Delun watched her, his face held so many emotions.

He hated them. He turned walking to the hall that no one went to. He needed to be alone to think.