Chapter Thirty-nine

He was tired, all of his men were tired. He was getting ready to leave to join them. "Ming,"his voice was rough. "Take care of Ai while I am away."

"Why do I have to? The Empress knows Chao." Ming crossed his arms. Delun only side.

"I trust you more then I do Chao." Delun sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"What the hell does that mean?" Chao snapped. Delun smiled, with Ming he wouldn't have to worry about him flirting with Ai nor did he have to worry that he would try to sleep with her.

"I see that your friendship with Delun is nothing. " Ming said bitterly. Chao went to punch him, those two never got along. Even when they were young boys they fraught over Delun as if they were girls. It got worse when Ming kissed Delun when they were of the age thirteen. Chao had been angry and said many rude things then, Delun was in to much shook that his first kiss had been stolen by another male.

"Stop it," Delun grabbed Chao wrist. "It seems things never change." He said under his breath.

"Delun why would you let a freak near your wife?" Chao asked him only to get smacked by Delun.

"Because Ming is my other brother as you are, and that is what I said for you to come with me." Delun wanted Ming and Ai to become friends. And he hoped that in the time of his absence that they would. Ming was a excellent fighter and could easily follow and track her if things were to go wrong, he trusted Ming with Ai's life more than anyone else. More then he does with himself protecting her and it wouldn't be long only a month if things go as plan. He dropped Chao's wrist.

"Have you told her yet?" Chao sighed.

"No." Delun shook his head.

"Pity," Ming said. "Now when she does find out she will cry like a women. That is why I think men are much better then women." Ming was shifted on his footing.

"No one asked you." Ming and Chao glared at each other.

"I haven't been able to find the right words." Delun sighed again. It is true the last few weeks he had been busy and when he did see her, he couldn't tell her so he stayed in silence.

"My lord," they froze at the small voice and turned to the door. Ai stood, her eyes looked as if she was about to cry. "I heard you were leaving, is this true?"

"Yes, Ai, it is true." She ran to him, wrapping her arms around his waist. He ran his hand through his hair. A tear slipped down her cheek.

"You can die, Delun." Ai said Ming and Chao left giving them privacy. "I don't want you to die, Delun." She squeezed him tightly.

"And it will be a honorable death." She cried then. It shocked him, he wasn't sure what to do. "Don't cry, Ai."

"I can't because the man I learned to love is leaving and willing to die." He closed his eyes and tilted her face to his. Kissing her tears away.

"Every war has death in it, Ai. It is war. I won't be gone long." He whispered. She took her hair down laying her wooden pin in his hands. "What is this for?" He looked at it.

"You have to came back to me." She balled her hands in the front of his tunic. She hated it, she hated war. He didn't even tell her that he is leaving. "I wish you didn't have to leave." She closed her eyes and rested her head on his chest.

"I know." He wanted to tell her, but he couldn't and she found out another way. "I feel better knowing that you will be in good hands."

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Ming is staying with you." Delun kissed on her cheek.