Chapter Ten

She sat in the room that was given to her the first day she came. Her mother stood behind her, combing her hair with a sliver comb. "Ai." Her mother's voice was soft and soothing. Ai opened her eyes. "You look beautiful."

Ai blushed. Lain, Ai's second oldest sister sat in front of her holding a box. "This is from us all to you." All six of her sister's were in her room looked at her and nodded. In the wooden box was a small wooden hairpin.

"It is beautiful. Thank you, sister's." Her mother plucked the pin and placed it in her hair.

"Now you are as beautiful as Xi-Wang mu." Ai smiled but deep inside she didn't want to be married. But she couldn't let her family down, it would be insult to her ancestors and it would hurt her fathers pride. She did not understand why Delun wanted to marry her nor would she ever know. She had to keep her chin up.

"You are as beautiful as the sunset." Xui praised her, but Ai didn't want to be praised.

"You will be a good empress, Ai." Feng, her sister who was older then her by are year nodded. Feng reminded Ai of a straw doll. She was very plain, but like all of her sisters Feng was beautiful. Ai wished she was plain looking like the others. "Is the emperor being good to you?" Feng asked.

"I guess so." Ai said softly, her mother smacked her on the hand.

"You don't guess. A lady never guess. It is you know or don't know." Ai rubbed the back of her hand. Xui, nodded. Ai knew if it was a girl that Xui and Chao had instead of an heir, she would be just like her mother.

"He has been good to me." But he tried to kill his friend, Ai said to herself. She just couldn't get over that. How could someone try to murder their own friends? It was unethical, it was pure evil. It would kill her to kill a friend. Han didn't seem bad, he was kind and he seemed to love Delun.

"It's time." Her mother smiled and clasped Ai into a hug. Ai gave her family a small smile, and gave her sisters hugs. Lain pressed a kiss on Ai's forehead.

Gods of the heavens above, please grant me strength through this. Ai prayed as they walked out the door.

The ceremony was faster than she thought. She sat next Delun, she faked a smile here and there. Delun smiled as people layed their respects to the couple.
"Are you feeling alright, Ai?" Delun asked, whispering in her ear. She looked at him.

"I am fine, my lord." Delun nodded. She stared at his face, it was beautiful. She wondered how old he was. She was very young when the rebillion happened making Delun emperor. There was a lose strand of hair in his face. Without thinking, she brushed his hair behind his ear.

She looked away when he looked at her. The corner of his lip twisted up. She was timid like a butterfly, he liked that. He didn't think much of Han. He laughed when Ai blushed.

A man in a cloak, he bowed to the couple. Delun stopped smiling, he couldn't believe why he was here. "Congratulation's." Han smiled. Delun knew for sure that Han was planning something. He began to think it had to do with Ai.

"What the hell-" Ai covered Delun's mouth with her hand. Han smirked, people stop dancing to stare. She dropped her hand, Delun was surprised on how fast she was.

"I heard my friend was getting married, I had to congratulate him."

How? Delun asked himself. This was to be a private event. "Now leave." Ai stared at him, Delun was being rude. Han got up, sending a sweet smile to Ai. Delun sent him glares, standing behind Ai. He didn't like Han's smile at her. Ai belonged to Delun not him.

"My lord?" Ai was confused, clueless. Delun watched Han disappeared, then he smiled. Showing the small group of fifty people that nothing was wrong.

They started the music again. Ai was frowning as Delun say down. He noticed it, he didn't want want to see her frowning. It hurt him seeing her not frowning. "Are you hungry?" He asked her. He couldn't eat, he was still angry. She didn't sat anything. "Is something wrong?" He layed a hand on her cheek, making a soft shock on his fingers.

She wanted to flinch away, but her mother and father were watching her. "Nothing, my lord." She have him a soft smile. He slowly moved his hand away and stood once more. His touch still lingered on her skin. She touched her skin where his long fingers once were. For once during the evening it wasn't a forced smile on her lips. She didn't know why his touch made her smile. It just did. She watched him, talking to another man, a elderly man.

She wondered what they were talking about. She wanted to know for it seemed like it was important. By the entrance she saw Han give her a small wave then he walked out. She frowned again. Something wasn't right she felt it in her bones. She wanted to know what was going on with Delun.