Chapter Fourty-one

She didn't care if she ever saw him again. Three months pass and Delun and Chao had yet to return. But she didn't care. Ming became her closest friend in the three months and the first person she told. At first she was unsure, then when she became postive it was true she told him. "Ming," she said slowly. She was on nerves from the news. "I think I am pregant." Ming dropped his stick he was holding in his hands.

"Are you Ai?" He touched her stomach. Which was a little bigger than normal. She had to be, her breast were sore, her back hurt. She even had morning sickness. She had missed her monthly bleeding. Ai nodded her head. "That would explain a lot. You have crazy mood swings and your a little fat."

"Ming!" She snapped at him. "I am serious!" She rested her hands on her hips.

"I am too." He never smiled, Ai hated that. No one in the palace smiled. She hated it, even though she was angry with Delun she missed his smile. "May I?" She nodded her head, unsure what he wanted. Ming laid his head against her abdomen with his eyes closed. She held her breath. "How far along do you think you are?"

She thought for a moment. "I believe, roughly three months." It sounded more like a question. He straighten up.

"Three months. Have you send Delun a letter?" He asked. She shook her head, and he rosed his eyebrows. "Are you going to tell him?"

"No, why would I tell him?" She glared at him.

"Because he is the father of your child." It was obvious answer. But Ay was so mad at him she didn't want ever see him, nor did she want him to see her child. To him he didn't deserve it. "Ai." Ming rubbed his temples. "He help create the child, he should be told."

"Why?"

"Do I have to repeat myself? You are just as stubborn as Chao." She opened her mouth and closed it. She turned and walked off. "You have to get over that girl."

"He told me I was nothing to him, Ming." Ai looked at him.

"He didn't mean that." He knew Delun above anyone else and Ai knew that. But she didn't believe him. She turned and walked away.

She laid her hand on her stomach, she had gotten bigger and a couple months had gone by and Delun had not returned. "Empress." She lifted her head pausing from tracing circles. "You have another letter." The maid handed her the letter.

"Thank you." She looked at it. It was from Delun, when the maid left she shoved it under her seat. She didn't want to look what the nice script said