Chapter Thirty-eight

She was quiet as she slipped his tunic over her head to sleep in. He beckoned her over to where he was sitting. She sat down on his lap and laid her head on his shoulder. "Is something bothering you, Ai?" He rubbed her arm. At dinner, Ming sent her many glares, Delun noticed. "Is it Ming, my love?" She lifted her head and he smilex. "Ah, so it is. Don't worry, he is just jealous."

"Delun, he's jealous?" She asked. Confused. "Of me?" Delun nodded his head. Why would a man be jealous of her? "Why of me?"

"Want to know a secret?" He asked her. She nodded and he leaned closer. "Can't say a word. But Ming, well he likes me."

"Of course he does, Delun. You are friends," she confused more.

He laughed. "No, not like that. I mean he likes me as a man would like women." He curled her hair around his finger. "He is into me as I am into you."

"So... He's homosexual?" She asked slowly. He nodded. "Oh." She laid her head back down anf yawn.

"That is it? No morw questions?"

"Of course not. It's quite explainable, my lord. You are very pretty." She said truthfully.

"I am not pretty, I am a man. Women are pretty, men are not." He frowned.

"Whatever, my lord." She got up and tugged on his arm. "Come lay with me."

"I am not tired, yet." He intertwined his fingers with hers
and closed his eyes.

"Not to long ago, you were complaining to being old." She looked at him, many emotions crossed his face. "Come, my lord. Lay with me, you must rest."

"Ai, if I sleep. I may never wake up." His voice was soft and serious.

"Why is that?" A lump was stuck in her throat. A thought crossed her min of Delun dying. She didn't want him to go.

"Because," he stood slowly and lifted her bridal style. "If I do, I wouldn't want to awake from your arms." He chuckled and she smacked him. "I'm just joking."

"That's cruel, Delun." He sat her down on the bed.

"It was a joke. On serious note, I am going to bath." He smiled at her. She looked angry which made her look so adorable to him. "Go ahead and sleep, unless of course you want to join me." She crossed her arms over her chest, glaring at him. He held his hands up in surrender. "Pity, we could've had some fun." He was trying to guilt her into joining him. When he saw that it wasn't going to work. He sighed. "Fine, leave me to such solitude."

"Good." She was so angry and felt stupid that she thought be was going to die. But he brought it in as if he felt that he was dying.

"Be cruel. " He was over dramatic for a male. She knew what he was trying to do and she was not going to fall for it this time. "But, before I leave. Do I get a hug?" She turned around and laid down. "That hurts." Be didn't spund hurt, his voice had humor in it. "Dream of me." He whispered in her ear. His warm breath tickled. "I will think of you." She blushed and he gave a low laugh. "I love you Ai." He said as he left her. She turned and stared at the door when he was gone. She smiled as she crawled over to wher he would lay. His tunic smelt like him. It was comforting. She loved the way he smelt, he smelt sweet like the blossoms in the spring. She smelt it again. She was going to sleep surronded in him and that made her happy. She closed her eyes and pulled the blanket close. She left the candles lit for him to see, he will turn them out when he got back.