Chapter Two

She walked down the hall, her ladies that attended her since birth long lost her in the winding halls of the family home. Sje trailed her fingers over the painting of her ancestors, she closed her eyes. She didn't want to be married, she wanted freedom to travel.

The emperor steped in front of her from the guest chamber. His arms were behind his back and his black mianfu was pressed clean his hair was shorter on one side by a merely an inch. She bumped into him, a soft hit. She opened her eyes wide and stumbled back with a low bow. "Forgive me, my lord." He would have normally said something cruel, but he just shrugged and walked down the wall. "Wait, my lord!"

She ran after him. "Is something wrong?" He asked, she reached up to take something out of his hair. He lowered allowing her to take whatever was there. His black hair, was as soft as she had imagine. When she pulled it out, and he had straighten back to normal composure, she layed a, purple blossom in his hand, before walking away. He only watched her, she humored him. But he didn't let it show. She also intrigue him, no girl ever dare touch him or look at him without his permission. She did as she pleased and had no fear at doing it either. He became pleased with his decision of marriage.

He stared at the lavender flower, it must have gotten stuck in his hair when he had fallen in the garden's. It sparked an idea in his mind. He went to find Xue, still fingering the flower. He found her by the pond. "Zhang Ai." She looked up startled. "Let's have some Lavender tea."

She was confused on why the rumoured evil emperor was being kind to her. She stood, dusting small leaves off her pink hanfu and holding the scroll to her chest. "Alright, my lord." She gave him a small smile in which he returned. He spun on the heel of his shoe and walked back to the home.

"I shall invite your mother and father to join us as well." He said over his shoulder. She nodded and followed close behind him.