Chapter Twenty-eight

"I do not like him Ai, he killed your father." Ai's mother walked beside of her.

"Mother, Delun did not kill father." Ai sighed and got the back of her head slapped.

"I believe he did." She walked in front of Ai. "Ai, you must leave before her kills you."

"Delun won't kill me mother." Ai continued to walk.

"Ai, kill him." Ai froze, all the color in her face drained away. "You must hold up your fathers honor."

"I will not kill my husband, Mother." Ai glared at her, how dare she say that! How could she even proposed such a thing!

"Do it for honor." Mei leveled her eyes with her daughter.

"Honor? That what it is?" Ai was angry. "I am tried of doing it for honor. I married him for our family honor, mother. But now killing the man I lay next to at night? If that is honor, then I rather just not have a family." Delun didn't kill Hong, Ai knew that.

"It is for your blood." Mei grabbed Ai's shoulders and shook hard. "Think of your father. Think of my husband."

"Think of mine, mother." Ai shrugged off Mei's hands. "Think of your emperor." Ai couldn't think of killing Delun. The thoughts of Delun dead made Ai's heart tightened. It was to much to bare. "Even if I wanted him dead, I couldn't."

"Why not?"

"He loves me, mother." Ai turned to face her. "I couldn't hurt the man who claims to love me."

"You've change." With that she turn weeping. She didn't look at her daughter. Ai left her there alone. She didn't want to hear mother. She ran into Chao, bumping her nose.

"Is your mother here?" He asked. Ai nodded, she wanted to tell him that mother wanted Delun dead. "Then why are you not with her?"

"Where is Delun?" She asked, changing the subject.

"He went to find you so he could stalk you." Chao frowned.

"When you find him, tell him I want to talk to him. In the gardens." Ai's heart raced. She needed to tell him. She had to tell him that her mother wanted him dead.

The gods seemed to be working in her favor, for when she got to the garden he was waiting for her. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath and walked to him. She will tell him, just not yet. "Delun." He turned to her. She framed his face with both of her hands and brought his face close. "Just one, alright?" He frowned, confused. She closed her eyes and pressed her lips against his. He made a soft sound of surprise.

She was going to tell him, just not then.