Chapter Seventeen

Delun stalked all morning. Ai's father and Chao sat with him in his room. Every once in awhile, Hong would toss a pebble that was stuck in his shoes. Delun had no response. "How long has he been like this?" Hong asked.

"All morning." Chao sighed and got up holding a bowl of rice. "Look, Delun, it's food. You love food." Delun didn't look up, he felt hated by Ai. He couldn't think straight nor see what was in front of him. "I think he's dead."

"Don't be stuid." Hong scratched his greying beard. "He's not dead. At least I hope not." Ai's father threw a pebble again. It hit him between the eyes, Delun didn't even notice. Chao stated at Hong with wide eyes. "Got him."

"Hong, can't you see this man is upset?" Delun moaned. He hit his head against the table.

"No, he's being a big baby." Hong shook his head. "Help me drag him out of here. He needs fresh air."

"Leave me, I just want to stay here and die." Delun's voice was muffled against the wood.

"You had one fight and it wasn't even a fight. Stop moping and get up." Chao slapped the back of Delun's head.

"She hates me." Delun lifted his head and sent Chao a glare.

"Of course she does. She's a women." Hong laughed and Chao joined in.

"Shut up!" Delun hissed at them. How could they be so rude? They went quiet and Delun sat back down. "I hate you two."

"We both know you don't." Chao sighed. "Stop acting like a girl and get over it."

"I can't, I feel so stupid." Delun closed his eyes.

"You are." Hong said simply. Delun sent him a glare, Hong only smiled. "For one ypur an emperor who is moping like a little girl. If you feel bad about go tell her, or get over it."

"I can't I told her I would wait for her." Delun moaned again. His hair was a mess and he looked as if he didn't get any sleep.

"Then get over it." Hong said simply. "Are you the man or is Ai the man? And I really hope my sweet Ai is not the man." Delun groaned at her name. He felt the same way when Ting left. He groaned louder.

"Stop being a big baby Delun. Ai will come around sometime." Delun groaned louder.

"And if she doesn't?"

"Then you will die alone." Hong snickered and Chao laughed harder. Delun groaned louder, and he threw a bowl of rice at them. They ducked and it hit a wall.

"Your highness." Delun turned and glared at the maid. "Lady Ai disappeared on us."

"What?!" Delun stood up quickly. "Where was she seen last?"

"In her room, my lord." She looked scared. Delun cursed. He thought of Han, and he got angry.
"There he is." Chao popped his fingers. Delun sent Chao a glare, Chao didn't seem to concern but Hong looked a little worried. That was quite understandable since Ai was his daughter.

"Move." Delun hissed and went to search for her.

"Where the he did you go?" Delun snapped, Ai jumped. Han had left barely three minutes before.

"I was in the garden, my lord." Her voice shooked.

"For two hours?" Delun snapped at her.

"Yes of course. My lord, I am trying to get through." Ai pointed at the direction behind him.

"Who were you with?" Delun ordered her. Her heart beated quickly, she felt that he caught on to her.

"Who I was with?" She repeated slowly, Delun glared at her. "I was with no one." She lied to him.

"Your a terrible lier. Now tell me who were you with?" Ai balled her a fist to her side.

"I was with no one." She said again, she promised that she wouldn't tell Delun to Han.

"Lier." Delun narrowed his eyes. Ai knew she was lying, but she couldn't believe that he didn't believe what she was saying.

"You don't believe me."

"Of course not." She took a step back. "Now tell me who the hell was with you?" He hit the wall with his fist. Ai jumped, tears threatened to fall.

"I won't tell you anything!" Her heart moved fast like a rabbit in her chest.

"Ai you better tell me before I lose my temper." Delun glared. Chao and Hong stood behind him, quiet. "Who was it?"

"I hate you!" Ai ran past them, Delun turned watching her. He felt like his heart was ripped out and she jumped all over it. She over reacted. All she had to do was tell him, who it was.

"I told you." Delun growled crossing his arms. Ai was protecting someone and Delun was goung to find out who.

"That was rude on your part." Chao shook his head.

"I'm going after Ai," Hong turned to leave.

"No I will." Delun glared at him. "I will fix it myself."

"No, why don't you go cool off?" Hong suggested.

"Come on, Delun." Chao pushed him down the opposite way, letting Hong chase after Ai. Delun didn't follow he just turned and walked out to the gardens.