Chapter Twenty-three

Ai listened to the soft beat of Delun's heart. She focused on the beat to try to forget the pain in her heart and on her side. "Delun." She called out to him. "Please don't go." She opened her eyes. Delun was mouthing something as if he was counting. She Knew he was going to get up and leave her on the wooden chair. Alone. "Delun, please don't leave me here." She balled her fist in the black cloths of Delun's tunic.

"Don't worry." He closed his eyes, Delun could almost hear Han's gentle footsteps. Footsteps of assassin. He boil with rage. He was determined to end what he should have done ten years prior. But he was weak then, that was when Han betrayed him for Ting and followed Jiu Heng's army. Han stepped in the room a smirk on his face. "Bastard." Delun spatted at him. He lifted Ai, she hissed in pain. Delun was going to tear him in to peices.

"Watch your temper, Delun." Han crossed his arms in a bored fashion.

"I told you to stay away from what was mine!" Delun glared at him. "I told you to stay away from Ai."

"Pity, she seems to be alright." Han yawned. "Don't look so grim old champ. It is merely revenge for Ting."

Delun whinced. Ting was a sore subject. "That was ten years ago." Delun hissed.

"You took her away from me." Han hissed back at him. "It is only fair that I take Ai away." They lunged at each other, Han held a couple daggers in his hands. Delun held his sword. They were in a deadly dance. Ai wanted to look away, but she couldn't. She watched Delun her heart raced. All of the rumours seemed to be true. He was like a demon, the walls seemed to become shredded by their miss stricks.

It was like that for ten minutes, then Delun stopped standing in front of Ai. He was panting a little, covered in sweat. "Delun," she stood up, wincing in pain. Delun was still ill. She knew that. "Please stop, you will get hurt." She leaned up against him. Closing her eyes, his body was radiating heat.

"Ai, sit down, your too weak to stand." Delun said his eyes never leaving Han, he was waiting for Han's next move.

"Why don't you listen to her, Delun?" Han chuckled, the muscles in Delun's back tightened. "Your weak. Weak like that girl standing behind you." Han laughed. "When your dead, I will do the same to Ai as you done to Ting."

"I didn't kill Ting." Delun's voice was rough. "I loved her, she wanted her freedom. I stood back, when she wanted you. I knew she would never love me, so I let her go. It was the only thing I could do to make her happy." Delun shooked his head. Ai closed her eyes, feeling the vibration of his voice. "I was to late to save her."

"You stood over her corpse!" Han attacked him. They fought more. Delun was slower, not as graceful as before. Ai's heart beated quickly with their every move. Delun's sword was tossed aside and he had his back against the wall. Han chuckled darkly.

"Kill me but do not touch Ai." Delun was weak but had hatred in his eyes. "For the love of the gods, please don't hurt Ai." He begged Han. Showing his weakness. Ai was frozen with fear.

"I am going to do worse than hurt her." Han put his hand around Delun's throat rising the dagger above his head, aimed to Delun's heart. Chao and the gaurds stood in the hall, Ai had forgotten the pain in her side. "Say bye-bye, Delun." Han laughed. Delun gave Ai a soft smile and closed his eyes. His throat was burning by Han's grib, but Delun didn't fight against him. Han laughed as he brought the dagger down.

"Delun!"

#########
Bwahahahaha!
What do you think is going to happen? I just love Han, don't you guys too? I love all of the comments. I enjoy reading them. Even though it is a few days under a week of St. Valentine's Day, Happy Valentine's Day everybody!

Any who, that is all I have to say. Keep on being awsome B-)

XOXO
Nessy