Chapter Thirty

He picked up a dagger, the small pale girl sitting on the floor. She was full of sweat and fear. "Octavia," he smiled but it was not all to sweet. "I need you to do something for me."

He loosened her gag. He brown curls were wild and matted from not being brushed. "I'd rather die than serve you." She spit on his perfect face. He only wiped it off.

"Octavia, Octavia. Such a foolish woman." He gave her a chuckle. One that held no humor. "I am not giving you a choice."

"Damn you." He kneed her in the face, she tasted blood. She started to curse at him in her native tongue.

"Be quite, your giving me a head ache." He rubbed his temples. "Tell me who will win in this war?" He grabbed her jaw not so gently.

"Not you. That poor gurl you wed and you will die. Then we will dance in your blood." He threw his head back and laughed.

"Your trapped, remember? If I die, then you die with me." He glared at her and tossed her to the floor. "And about my wife, I refuse to let her die in war."

She laughed, spit and blood fell out of her mouth. He tossed the dagger, it landed against her head. Not touching but alnost.

"I could kill you, but you are the reason this war has began." He pulled her by the front of her white dress.

"Give me back." She looked tired.

"Not yet." He slipped the gag back over her mouth, tighting the cloth more than it was before. He turned in a foul mood, he walked until he saw her. She stood talking to her mother. He moved up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist. She made a surprised gasp and her mother glared at him. But he didn't care, he had what he wanted. "Lady Zhang." He greeted politely. He was never fond of her. He kissed the top of Ai's head. Her mother looked as if she ate something bitter. "Do you wish to have tea with me?"

"What about ypur soldiers, Delun?" Ai asked him.

"It will take them a little while." He smiled and closed his eyes. "Will you join us?"

"I will pass, your highness." He sighed internally.

"Very well. Ai let us go and have tea together." He grabbed her hand. She smiled at her mother but she only glared.

"My lord, I thought you would be busy." She said out of ear shot of her mother. He kissed her hard, pushing her lips apart.

He trailed kisses down the side of her neck. "Ai, I love you," he said against her skin. "Lets skip tea and lay together in our bed." Her heart was racing. "Ai," his finger trailed down her cheek. "Your so beautiful."

"Your acting strange." She frowned. "Your not acting like Delun." Shs let his hand go and shooked her head.

"I am going to war Ai. I could die," he crossed his arms. "Let me just have this. Please, Ai. I ask so little of you. Please." She looked away from him. "Don't look away from me, damnit!" He raised his voice than whinced. "Sorry."

"Not now, Delun." She looked at him. "I can't not now."

"Then when?" He asked her. "When will have you?"

"Delun, I can't. I am-"

"You don't have to be scared. I will be good to you. I promise, I won't hurt you." He walked closer to her, pressing her back against the wall. "I have been good to you."

"Delun, I can't. I am sorry." Ai rested her hands on his chest, pushing him back.

"I understand." He was numb. She layed her hand on his cheek. "Ai, when you are ready. Tell me."
She nodded and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"When you leave, Delun. Please come back." He rubbed her back and sighed.

"I will, I always will come back to you." He said softly stroking her hair.