Chapter Sixteen

She had givin Delun her share, she stared out the window. She hadn't noticed Delun moving behind her. So when he put his hands on her shoulders she jumped. "Your tense." He commented. "Relax."

"I am, my lord." She was still.

"No your not." Delun smiled. They were alone, Ju had reteired and Ai's family was eating in another room. "Your quite beautiful, Ai." He whispered in her ear, his lips brushed against her ear.

"Flattery won't work on me." She has been called beautiful many of times, she hated that she was much prettier than her sisters. She wanted to be normal looking.

Delun gave a low chuckle. "I believe that it has." He wrapped his arms around her. She pushed away from him. Frowning, she stared at his face. "Ai." He tried to kiss her but she pushed him away. She stood, leaving the chair she sat in. "Where are you going?" He was frustrated. She didn't answer him, she just walked out. Delun ran his hand through his hair and pushed the bowls and cups off the table before running put of the room to catch up with her.

When he found her he pushed her up against the wall. Her heart was pounding in her chest. "Just one kiss, that is all I asked."

"I do not want to kiss you." She said softly.

"I've been a gentleman. I have not asked for much." Delun leaned closer to her face. "Last night I could have down anything, but I didn't."

"I understand that, but I don't want to kiss you." She was trying to be nice about it. She never wanted to kiss him. She didn't even want to marry him. She pushed away from him.

"Why not? I am you husband now." Delun followed her down the hall. She bit her lip, she didn't want to tell Delun. "Anwser me, Ai."

"I didn't even want to marry you! What would me want to kiss you?" She snapped at him, his face had pure surprised. Delun never except her to say anything like that, neither did she. She turned away. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that." Her voice was soft almost not audiable.

"It's alright." Delun closed his eyes, it was not her fault. He did marry Ai without her consent. He slipped his hand through his hair. "Ai, when your ready. It doesn't matter when, let me know." Ai turned and faced him. "I want to be good to you, you deserve that."

"My Lord?"

"Ai, I want to be with you. But only if you are ready." He opened his eyes to look at her. She had her hands folded in front of her, her hair was down and her light green hanfu hung close to her clear skin. He couldn't look at her, he wasn't angry, but he wasn't happy. He wanted to break something, scream, and cry. He understood.

"My lord?" He lifted his eyes to look at her beautiful face. "Tomorrow, can we go out to see the river?"

"Not tomorrow, Ai." Her frown deepen. She was disappointed, but she would get over it. He turned away walking back the way he came. She watched him, saying nothing. When he disappeared, she ran down towards the room that had been given to her. She was glad the hall was empty and none of the maids trailing her.