Chapter Fifteen

Delun tapped his foot, Ai must have gotten lost. Ju kept talking on and on. He couldn't stand it, it was giving him a migraine. "Please Ju, just shut up." Delun was practically begging her.

"Delun," Ju just kept talling as if he never said anything. "Tell me have you finally gotten over Ting?" Anger flashed in his eyes when he heard her name. Old wounds came back at him.

"Don't speak of her." Delun hissed at her. Ju went silent for a minute.

"You can't dewl in the past, brother." He glared at her, she pressed herblips together creating a thin line. "I can see that you have not." She sighed.

"Don't speak of her to Ai." Delun said slowly, Ju closed her eyes. "Do you understand me?" He asked her, he had mixed emotions, he wanted to keep Ai in the dark about his past.

She opened her eyes, glaring at her brother. "And if she finds out?" She narrowed her eyes at him. His twin sister could match all of his facial expressions, even look like him if she wore his clothes. She was his matching image, just shorter.

"She won't Ju." Delun hissed. "And if she does, your master at the temple will find out about ypur lover Rou." Ju opened her mouth.

"You wouldn't." Ju hissed. Delun smirked at her, looking down at her with his nose and crossing his arm. She had entered his private pass. He had every right. "That's blackmail!"

Rou was another priestess that Ju spent many nights with. One word to the temple master she would be thrown to excile. "You forgot who your brother is." Delun hissed again. The door opened to the room. Ai followed in behind a gaurd who left teg room quickly. Ju sucked in a breath, she too realized how beautiful Ai was. Delun still angry gave Ju a glare, daring her. Ai had a troubled look. "Is something the matter, sweet butterfly?" He decide to call her butterfly for her beauty and for her wish to explore the outside beyond the walls. He kne she did even if she never said so.

"You needed me?" Ai asked him.

"Yes please entertain my sister while I am busy." Delun sent another glare at Ju.

"I am not a child. I do not need a babysitter!" Ju argued but Delun ingored her. He was curious on what could be bothering Ai. He pondered if Han was around and decided to bother her. Delun clenched his jaw.

"Ai, why don't you take Ju to meet your family. They are around here somewhere." Delun smiled at Ai walking up close to her. He could smell the sweet fragrance she carried. "Have supper with me again to night."

"Alright, my lord." Delun took her hand and placed a kiss on her knuckles. He left sending a glare at Ju, Ai frowned. But he was proud that he his anger in check infront of Ai.

When he was gone, Ai gave a smile. "Come on, Ju." She beckond her. "Let's go see my family." Ai had forgotten that her family was still her. Ju followed the empress happily.

Ai looked down every hall until she saw Feng. "Feng!" She called out to her. Kuan-yin, Feng's eldest daughter who was six years of age, turned to face them.

"Hello, auntie." Kuan-yin greeted her.

"Oh, Ai." Feng's face turned beet red. "I thought you would be on bed with the Emperor still."

"That is what I said." Ju smiled. They were embarrassing Ai. Kuan-yin looked confused.

"Please we did nothing." Ai ran her hand through her hair that was down.

"How are you to produce an heir if you do not bed with him?" Feng asked her. Ai chocked on her spit.

"I do not want to talk about this any longer!" Ai cried out.

"Mother, what are you talking about?" Kuan-yin asked.

"Nothing for ypu to know yet." Feng sighed. "Ai, your being quite rude. Who is your friend?"

"Feng, this is my lords sister Ju. Ju this is my elder sister Feng and her daughter Kuan-yin." Ai inteoduced them her face still red. "Feng, Ju is a priestess who has traveled far."

"Which god do you serve?" Feng asked. Ai knew that her sister always wanted to be was a priestess but mother disapproved. She wanted all her daughter's to marry.

"Fú Xī and Nǚwā. The Gods of creation." Ju smuled. Ai felt disappointed that she had gotten it wrong.

"Feng, where is mother, father and the others?" Ai asked Feng. Not trying to be rude to Ju.

"Oh, they are this way. I'll show you." Ai smiled and they followed Feng.