Chapter Twenty

He ended up being ill, he wasn't there when Ai's family or his sister Ju left to go back to the temple. He never left his room. Ai would occasionally come in, yell at him for being a big baby. He would get up then, drink some tea and fall back asleep, saying the country can rule itself. For three day's he was like that. It was dishonorable. And Ai had enough. She stormed into his room, forgetting that she was going to meet Han by the garden for lunch. "That is it, you lazy bum!" She tugged at the blankets that surrounded him. "Get up! Get up!" She didn't care if she was not acting like a lady. Delun groaned.

"Ai please, let me rest." Delun still did not feel well.

"For three day's I did. I will no longer!" Ai made a angry face, one that was very cute to Delun. "If you don't get up, you won't eat anything." Delun groaned and got up. Ai snickered at him, that was until he started to take his clothes off. "Please not in front me!" Ai turned around, blushing beet red.

"Why not? We are married." He smiled.

"It is not proper!" Ai closed her eyes. Delun tapped her shoulder.

"Ai, look at me." Delun said softly. He layed a hand on her shoulder, turning her to face him. "Open your eyes."

"Not until, you have some clothes on." Delun smiled at her.

"I have clothes on, I promise." Ai opened her eyes slowly. "I love you, butterfly."

"You told me that yesterday. And the day before that." Ai tried to keep her eyes at his face, but they made their way to his smooth chest. It had small scars all over it. He looked slender but at the same time he was strong, but she already knew that.

"Yes, and I will keep telling you that till you believe it." He took her hands in his being them to his warm cheeks. "And forevermore."

"I don't understand why." He kissed each identical finger, he knew his limits. That was as much affection she would alow. Delun was content with that, or that was what he wanted her to believe.

"Ai," Delun tightened his grip on her hands, but not enough to hurt her. "Ai, my sweet butterfly. Why must you tease me so?" She looked at his face then shifted her gaze.

"My lord, I don't understand what you are talking about?" She looked back at him, he sighed.

"This. Everything you do to me. Your walk, your talk." She looked confused. "It's complete torture."

"My lord, your confusing me."

"Of course." Delun came closer, they stood chest to chest. Her heart beated fast, but she made no attempt to move. "One kiss. That is all I asked. Just one. I ask so little of you."

"Why do you always ask for a kiss?" Ai asked him. Her face was bright red.

"I ask nothing else from you." Delun said. His breath washed over her face. "Just one small kiss."

"Your ill." Ai pulled her hands away from him. "My lord. You best hurry, you have lots of things to do." Delun frowned. She turned walking towards the door.

"Then on the cheek?" Ai shook her head as she walked out the door. Delun sighed and rubbed his eyes with the heel of his hand. "Not even a kiss goodbye. She is so impossible." He looked longing for his return to bed, but he had gotten up already. The door busted opened, Delun was angry until he saw the loom on Chao's face. "What's wrong Chao?"

"It..its.." Chao dropped to his knees.

Delun's heart raced very quickly. "What's wrong Chao? Is it Ai?"

"No. Its Hong." Chao looked at him.

"What's wrong with Hong?"

"He's dead. He was murdered." Chao looked as if he was going to cry. Delun was unsure if he should be upset.

"Go find Ai. Don't tell her anything."