Chapter Thirty-five

The man was dressed in white robe. His hair was a curly mess and his eyes were a glare, his eyes were swollen and red from crying. Delun closed his eyes and sighed, he would love to cuddle up next to sleeping Ai. "Where was he found?" Delun asked.

"Near the broken part of the gate." Chao said.

"We need to fix that." Delun sighed and lifted the boy. "Alright boy, talk." The old men around the room gasped, they expected Delun to torture the boy like he did other spies. But Delun was in a good mood, he didn't feel like beating the boy who looked his age to a bloody pulp.

The boy said something in his language and spit in Delun's face. "Really is that nesscary? I am trying to be nice." Delun wiped it of not thinking of what diseases the boy could have.

"Nice? Don't make me laugh." The boy's accent was strong, stronger than Octavia's, Delun noted.

"Good, you understand what I am saying." Delun smiled at him. "So you will understand this. You're a spy, so you won't live. It's just that simple. But you won't die, not yet. Not until I get my answers. But first let me introduce myself. I am Wen Delun, the second emperor of the Han Dynasty." The men of the courts walked closer, to get a better listen. "And you are?"

"I will not tell you anything." The boy sneered.

"Fine be that way. Any last words?"

"Yeah," the boy said something in his langauge and smiled. "Until we get Lady Octavia, we will take one of your's." Delun gripped tightly on the boy's neck, annoyed.

"We will see." Delun smiled as the boy scratched at his hands. Then became weaker attempts. Delun smiled as he watched life slip from the boy's eyes. When he was dead and gone, Delun tossed his body. "Take his corpse away, burn it for all I care." He turnsd and went to leave but Chao stopped him.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"If you must know, I am hungry so I am going to go get food. Maybe wake Ai up." Chao sighed and let him go.

"Fine, but hey, be careful. Someone may try to poison you." Delun brushed him off and walked away.