Chapter Seven

Ai skipped around, her normal ladylike persona disappeared. Delun walked in behind her watching her, she seemed carefree in the market. She had the taste of freedom and she loved it. "Ai." Delun called making her stop walking, creating Ai to wait for her Bridegroom. "Don't run from me." He frowned at her.

"I wasn't running from you, my lord." Her cheeks were red from the run and her hair was wild from the wind. He bit his bottom lip. People stared at her, men stared at her, he knew what they were thinking. He did not like it, it made him jealous. He knew why the Zhang family hide their beautiful daughter from the world. He didn't like the stares, he didn't like them at all. He was dressed in commoner clothing as so was Ai. But even in rags Ai was still the most beautiful girl in all of China. "Is something wrong, my Lord?"

"No, nothing." That was a lie, there was a lot wrong. He was regretting ever taking her here. He was filled with rage and jealousy. He glared at every male that dare look at her. But, he wanted to see her smile, he wanted to see her happy. It was a feeling that he didn't understand. "Ai, hold my hand." It was a bold statement. But one he meant. Confused, she grabbed his hand. It was a plan, that if any male was to see this he would turn his head in jealousy. Or that is what Delun prayed would happen. Her touch made his heart flutter in his chest. He intertwined his fingers with hers, her small hands in which would be his, as of her, soon. He smiled with triumph when men send him glares of hatred.

"Is something wrong, my lord?" She craned her neck to look up at him. She was soon distracted before he could answer. "What is that?" She asked her brown eyes wide.

"A temple." She really was sheltered, Delun said to himself. She soon was distracted by something else, then by the boats on the river, the horses, the sellers. He couldn't help but smile, or put out an occasional laugh. She reminded him of a bird. He was happy being pulled by the hand of the tiny concubine. He smelt something sweet, fruit. He could smell all kinds of food her, but the roasted fruit smell was more dominate. "Ai, shall we get something to eat?" He was hungry, he was always hungry.

"Alright." She stopped pulling him, letting him pull her. When she was given a citrus fruit, she only took on bite of the tart fruit before giving it to Delun. She hated tart things, she loved sweet foods, and sweet fruit, like apples. She looked at the market. It was a whole new world in the daylight on that she adored .

She smiled as Delun are her share. "Well, well. What does it look like we got here?" A voice chuckle behind them. Delun became in raged. "My oh my. It's Delun in clothing of a commoner and he is with a lady."

Delun hand tightened around Ai's small hand. "Han." Delun hissed. Ai whimpered and he released her hand and spun to see his enemy.