Chapter Thirty-two

Her head had fallen softly against his chest. A soft weight in which he had welcomed. He closed his eyes, wishing for this moment to never end. But he knew that could not happen. "Ai," he shook her softly. "Ai, wake up." His hands were beginning to prune. She groaned but lifted her head. She seemed confused but then blushed in memory. The wight had disappeared and he felt alone. "Shall we get out?" He used his bedroom voice, she looked away. He gripped her jaw lightly and placed a kiss on her cheek. "My love, why are you not looking at me?"

"I don't know." She stood up, crossing her arms over her chest and jogging where her hanfu laid on the floor. "Delun," he slowly stood. The water was a little colder then when they went in. He looked up at her. "Please keep this a secret from my mother." She didn't add that her mother wished for Delun to die.

"If that is what you want." She smiled. His touch was like a ghost on her skin. They dressed in silence but every once in awhile, he would lift his head and look at her. "Ai," he scooped up her hair pin. The one he wore all the time. "Turn and I will put your hair back up." She nodded and turned. He combed her hair with his fingers.

"Delun," she closed her eyes. "Delun, stop for a minute." He paused and she turned to face him. Her hair went through his fingers like water. She looked at him studying it. She saw small scars on his cheeks that she has never seen before and the small amount of freckles that laid on his nose. "Delun, my mother she." Ai had to tell him, she just had to. "She said she wants you dead!" She balled her hands up and closed her eyes. She ruined Delun and Ai's moment.

"What?" He was confused. He heard her but he was unsure what she ment.

"She blames you for father's death, Delun." She looked at him.

"Do you blame me?" He said slowly after minutes of silence, she shook her head. "Don't worry, dear." She layed her hands on his chest. "It is alright. Thank you for telling me." He was unsure how to handle this. Normally, he would kill them even for the threat, but she was his wifes mother. She hugged him tightly, closing her eyes. She sighed. "I wish," he layed his cheek on the top of hers. "That we could be like this forever." He eanted her not to worry so he acted as if the thoughtbof his wife's mother trying to kill him.

"Me too, my lord." He didn't want to move, but he stayed to long and Chao was in a group alone and he had a meeting with his generals before dinner that might take long. When they parted he quickly twisted her hair up and with a small kiss on her cheek they went down different halls. She went to search for her mother who was must likely gone by now. Delun went to find some clothes that didn't get kicked into some water.