Chapter Twenty-seven

He watched her, he watched her every day since Han tried to kill her. The leaves had changed color, and it was getting colder. Yet she still loved being in the garden. "Ai, my moon, my sun," he walked up to her. "My world, my everything." He reached behind her holding the last flower. "Must you sit here alone?"

"Delun." She turned and looked at him. Her wound was nearly healed and she felt like herself again. "Perhaps you don't have to follow me arpund like a child."

"I am protecting you, my love." He moved to sit next to her.

"Don't you have something better to do?" Ai was a little annoyed but she didn't want to be rude.

"Better than you?" He lifted his eyebrows.

"Like a kingdom to rule my lord." He reminded her of an old man. He would forget his own hand if it wasn't attached.

"That..." He looked at the trees. "Oh, that. It is finish, but we might go into war."

"War?" Ai looked at him, who would they go into war with?

"The Romans are missing their princess and they are blaming us." His voice had a hint that he was hiding something, it confused her. She stood up and patted down the front of her hanfu. "Ai, where are you going?"
"I am going in if you must know." Delun stood with her. "What are you doing?"

"Coming with you, my love." She sighed and layed her hands on his chest.

"Delun, my mother is coming. We will be doing something that won't hold you interest." He brushed her hair behind her small ears.

"I don't mind. Just being in you company makes me happy." Ai sighed again.

"Perhaps you should be with your friends." Ai just wanted to spend a nice afternoon with her mother.

"Why must I be with my friends?" He frowned. Ai closed her eyes and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Be good and stay."

"I am not a dog, dear." He sighed as she was walking away. "Fine be that way, rip my heart out and step on it."

"You say you are not a dog but you act like one that has it's master leaving it." She looked back at him.

"Ai!" Delun cried out. "If you will be that way, then I will be with Chao!" She smiled as she walked off. Good, she was going to be alone with her mother. "If you need us do not search for me!" He was trying to make her jealous.

"I won't my lord." She smiled as she walked into the house. He sniffed the last flower that was in the garden that he had gotten for Ai.

######
Happy Valentine's Day everybody!