Chapter Five

He searched all over, checking every room and hall. He stopped a guard to asked where if he had seen her and he said no. Delun began to panic, his pace became faster. He ran down the halls, knocking a few maids down but not bothering to apologize.

Then he saw her, talking to Chao, nodding listening to whatever he was saying. She got a look of delight, he just watched them. He was for once unsure what to do. He became angry, every second that past it seemed to boil in his blood. He watch her smile, that was supposed to be him making her smile.

He was baffled why he felt this way. He was unsure how he felt towards the girl. He balled his fist, and watch. He then walked up to them, Chao ruffled Ai's hair and she giggled.

"What the hell is going on?" Delun snapped. "I searched for you, and couldn't find you. Do you not understand that I have many enemies?" His voice got louder, she never had someone raise their voice to her.

"Delun. Please get a hold of yourself." Chao use to Delun's anger problems.

"She is to be my bride not yours!" Delun snapped.

"I believe you forgot she was even here." Chao gave him a bored face, but secretly he was enjoying it.

"It doesn't matter, Chao!" He shouted again. Ai stood there, she never been in argument one that had to do with her, nor did she ever get in one herself. Her mother said such things were not ladylike.

"My lord." She tugged on Delun's black sleeves. "Lower your voice." Ai was the most submissive out of all her siblings, Chao watched her grow since she was only seven years of life. He never once saw her order someone before. He was surprised and in the same time he couldn't help but feel proud that the sheltered daughter of the Zhang family had such bravery.

Delun straightened himself back up. He went back to his emotionless self. "If you wish." Chao almost laughed, never in his life has the crown prince of the Wang household, the prince who fought many battles. The prince who fight in the rebellion against Liu Bang at a young age, using force to bring the empire to peace. Watching his father rise to the throne. Never once had he seen him do what he was told except for Delun parents. No one told him what to do, nor was he listened to words of suggestion especially from a girl.

But what made Ai different, or why did Delun even agreed to marry her? "My lord, is there something you needed from me?" She asked him. She was scared, it was all over her face.

"No." Chao raised his eyebrows. "I mean yes." She let go of Delun's sleeve. "Have dinner with me tonight. "

"Alright." She smiled even though she was still scared by Delun raising his voice. "Thank you." He smiled back.

"Chao, come." He ordered, no longer smiling. Chao followed, unwilling. Ai gave them a small wave then walked to where her maids waited patiently.