Chapter Thirty-three

He slipped into her room, she was asleep. Of course she would be asleep. The guards nodded at him allowing him to enter. He wanted to see her before going to bed. He wanted to talk to her and dine with her but his meeting went longer than normal. He touched her forehead softly, she stirred and sat up. "What are you doing?" She startled him. She scooted over for him and parted the blanket when she felt that it was Delun. "Do you want to lay with me, my lord?"

He licked his lips, of course he did. Not so much for sleep but repeat of the afternoon. "I can't." His voice was weak and he turned away. He expected her to tell in to stay but all he heard was her sighing and laying back down. "You could be a lot more sad about it."

"No, I am good." He rubbed his face and sat at the end of her bed. "Are you staying or are you going?"

"You seem bossy." He frowned.

"You woke me up from a good dream." She sat up and turned towards him. Her dream was beautiful and so surreal.

"Was I in it?" He asked laying against her, his head against the base of her neck. She blushed, of course it was.

"No, don't be stupid." She lied, frowning.

"Your lying." Delun whistled. "It was of me. What was I doing?" He kissed the side of her neck. "Was it this?"

"Delun, stop." Ai said but she didn't want him to stop. Her body was reacting different from her words. "I said stop!" She pushed him away, her face was so red that she was glad he couldn't see it.

"Why not, Ai?" He laid both of his hands on each side of her hips.

"Because I am tired." It was a weak reason, a poor excuse. She was tired but his soft touch woke her body. "Besides, you need your sleep." She pushed him aside and laid back down.

"Ai." His voice was whiny. "Ai..."

"What you big baby?" She sat back up.

"Please don't be so rude to me." He dramatically threw himself down covering his eyes with his arms. "I could die, you know."

"Don't say that." She whispered. She couldn't think of a life without Delun.

"I could." He was serious. "Your mothers wishes death upon me, sometimes I wonder if you do as well. Then with the war and the rebellion." She ran her hand through his silky hair.

"I don't want you to die, Delun." She crawled over him, her feet hitting the cold floor.

"Where are you going?" He sat up and a soft light from a candle barely made any light, just enough for them to see each other.

"Delun, you act like a drama queen." He frowned and she went back to him.

"And you are quite bossy and to quiet." She sighed and wrapped her arms around his neck, giving him a hug.

"Don't be mean." She complained. She sat on his lap and rested her head on his shoulder. "You should take a break sometimes, Delun."

"I can't not with the war going on. Not with those stupid-!" She laid her finger against his lips, silencing him.

"Delun. Just be quiet and lay with me." She frowned. She swore he acted like a child at times. "You should sleep." She mumbled after awhile of silence. He slowly laid his head on the pillow, his arms still around her. He stared up at the ceiling, and then closed them focusing on Ai's soft breathing.