The three girls turned to their right to see as Ron rolled over, sat up, rubbed his eyes, and yawned a king among yawns.

“Good afternoon, lazy,” Hermione teased, smiling and looking up from the paper.

“Are you feeling any better, Ronald?” Luna asked.

“Mmm…yeah,” he murmured, still not quite awake.

“Well, I should be going,” Luna said to her friends.

“Where are you off to, Luna?” Ginny said curiously.

“Oh, just here and there and everywhere,” Luna replied with a smile.

“Here’s you’re Quibbler,” Hermione said, holding up the paper for Luna to take.

“No, that’s alright, Hermione.  Keep it.  Daddy sent me two,” Luna said, pulling an identical, glossy-covered Quibbler out of her satchel.

“See you around, Luna!” Ginny said, sending her off.

---

            It was the day before the school year was to end.  Nostalgia had kicked in as Luna packed.  She didn’t want to leave her friends, but at the same time, she was glad to pack up all the memories and head for home.  Oh, she had so many stories to tell Daddy!

            The final feast started soon, so Luna finished her packing and then proceeded to get ready for dinner.  About to walk out the common room door, she realized that she had forgotten her shoes.  Then, she discovered that they weren’t there at all.  It was only then, that she realized quite a few things were missing: her toothbrush, holiday robes, spare quills and ink, and Charms book were all gone from where they should have been.  Sighing, Luna began writing notices.  It was the last day, but someone would hopefully know where they were.  Bare feet would have to do for now.

            The feast had started, but Luna was walking up and down the corridors, placing notices on the walls.  Then, footsteps echoed behind her, and turned to find Harry.

            “Hello,” she said.  He appeared a bit peeved.

            “What are those?” he asked, pointing to the papers.

            “Notices.  It seems that many of my belongings are lost.  People take them and hide them.  Seeing as it’s the last night, I really do need them, so I’m putting up signs.”

            Harry’s face changed to one of surprise.  “Why do they do that?”

            “Oh…well…” Luna shrugged.  “They think I’m a bit odd.  Some people call me ‘Loony’ Lovegood, actually.”

            With a stern seriousness, Harry said, “That’s no reason to take your things.  Do you need help finding them?”

            Luna smiled a little bit.  “That’s alright.  My mum always said that things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.”  She paused.  “I’m sorry about your godfather.”

            Harry sighed.  Then, he said, “I’m sorry about your mum.”

            “Well,” she replied matter-of-factly, “it’s not like I’ll never see her again.”

            “Er—what?” Harry said, dumbfounded.

            “Don’t tell me you didn’t hear the voices.”  He still looked confused, so she went on.  “In the veil.”