Voiceless • Chapter Eleven

PHEW! Here’s chapter eleven, guys. Enjoy <3

Dedicated to @Crazeljemstone because we've been chatting for HOURS! :D

[EDITED - 8/17/13]

***

VOICELESS • Chapter Eleven

“Oh no!”

   Thunderclaps can be heard near our place, which made Flo look worried. And when rain starts pouring down outside, I can already tell how dismayed she must be feeling right now.

   “Why would it rain now?” She says in a sad tone. I just look at her and pat her back reassuringly.

   “Let’s just hope that the rain won’t continue ‘till tomorrow.” Rose says, verbalizing what I want to say to Flo.

   “Ugh.” Flo groans, annoyed at the rain like she might just punch it if it were a human being. “Fine. Let’s go back to the hotel.” Before Flo starts to walk back to our room, she mutters, “What nice rain we have here, eh?”

   I laugh and don’t follow Flo and Rose’s footsteps. “Ivey? You want to stay here?” Rose asks once she realizes that I’m just standing in the hallway. I wave my hand at her. “You coming back later instead?” Rose wonders. I nod, and she nods back. And then I watch Rose and Flo walk upstairs into our room.

   I look around the first floor, looking for somewhere to sit. I end up sitting on the deserted couch, and noticing that there isn’t a person occupying the check-in counter. I also notice that the guard in the resort is busy whistling at the other end of the hallway, so I decide to take my phone and text to my mom and sister,

It started pouring so our shopping day will be done tomorrow instead.

None of the two replied, probably either because they were too lazy or because they’re busy texting a different person. But I didn’t care.

   I cross my legs on the comfy couch and scroll down the numerous songs in my phone. Truth be told, these songs are the only reasons why my phone is almost about to exceed its memory. But I don’t care. Music is the only entertainment that makes me cry, laugh, smile and sometimes even get all angry, since some books I read are not even relatable. I only read books to let my imagination work, since I’m too lazy enough to “go outside”. What will I do outside, anyway?

Tall, dark and super manly
   Puts papers in his briefcase and drives away
   To save the world, or go to work
   It’s the same thing to me

I mouth the song by myself, the lyrics making me dream again about my own superman. I wonder if I’ll have my own soon? I sometimes find myself feel all jealous of those actresses who get to work with handsome and friendly actors, and sometimes even get to kiss them just because it’s in the script. And then most of those actors and actresses end up being a couple a few weeks later.

   Hah. Lucky them.

I’m far away, but I’ll never let you go
   I’m love struck and looking out the window
   Don’t forget, don’t forget where I’ll be

“Nice weather we’re having, eh?” I stop mid-word and automatically close my mouth, knowing very well who just spoke. I mean, how wouldn’t I know? He’s been with me for weeks now.

   I turn my head to see Jay smiling at me, his hands tucked deeply into the pockets of his brown jacket. He’s wearing a white t-shirt inside and paired it with blue jeans and rubber shoes. Definitely a rainy-day outfit. I wonder if he’s fashionable?