Voiceless • Chapter Eight

***

Dedicated to @NDreamer101 because she's such a big fan of this story and I really appreciate it and it's just making me feel so asdfghjkladfghjklasdfghjkl <3

[EDITED - 6/24/2013] Thanks @AminaCx :)

Enjoy :)

***

Voiceless • Chapter Eight

Five words: Please get me outta here.

It’s already a bad thing that my older sister has the attitude to even ignore me during the party just so she can talk to her friends about God-Knows-What. What’s worse is that even my mother is ignoring me. She’s talking to Laura for hours right after she got back from talking to the party hosts. Truth be told, the only times I’ve made social interaction to the both of them was when we started eating the food served at the party, and when my older sister asked me to get her glass of water from the table for her.

Typical family members, huh? Too bad I’m not as busy as them. I don’t blame them, though. I can see myself acting like them if I had many close friends like them, too. Unfortunately, the case right now is that I’m bored with nothing to do at all.

   I wish I just got hotter earlier so I would have had an excuse for not going to the party. I should have done something that could have made my body heat even hotter.

   Well, there’s also one part in my boredom that made me think of that Lucas Shield guy again. If I really met him before, I should have recalled faster because I don’t even have that much people who’re close to me or people I talk to too much with. I’ve been shoving the thought out of my head numerous times already but it just keeps coming back, and it’s already annoying the hell out of me.

Actually, during the few minutes that passed earlier, I saw that Lucas guy glancing at me from time to time. When I look back at him, he turns his head somewhere that doesn’t face me. So I had to look at the corners of my eyes after a few looks so he wouldn’t notice. And what he’s doing is really freaking me out.

   I wonder if he knows me more than I know him?

I look at the ceiling of my room, lying uncomfortably on my bed again. My eyes catch the desktop computer placed at the corner of my room. It’s been there for five years now. My mother bought it for me and Trisha, but Trisha didn’t use it too much so to keep the house’s first floor look clean and spacious, she decided to just put the desktop computer in my room, with the help of some people, of course.

   Oh, and Trisha also complained about mom’s decision, but the fact that mom said that she wouldn’t even use the computer too much shut her up.

   I look at the time on my wall clock. Three forty-six. The party yesterday lasted for two and a half hours filled with cooing (courtesy of Laura’s daughter’s friends), boys, and pictures of the birthday girl from when she was a kid (also, the stories of the pictures which took up so much time) until the pictures that were recently taken.

   I was completely left out, mostly because I don’t even have the slightest idea who Laura’s daughter is. I actually forgot the name of Laura’s daughter. I heard it at the party, but I forgot it again. I think it’s somewhere from Caitlin to Kathleen or something.

   I decide to stand up from my bed and walk to the desktop computer, sitting on the computer chair and turning on the power button.

When the computer finally shows me the home screen, I click on my usual browser and type “Facebook.com” on the search bar. I log into my account and look at my notifications. I see five new friend requests on the top corner of the screen, and I see that none of those requests are from anyone I know at all. I ignore them, remembering what my mother told me about not accepting any friend requests from people I don’t know.