"What he do Mook?! You want me to get em?" Dom said playfully getting mad.

I just shook my head at how at times I have more than one child in my home, and walked out with Shenika and headed to the gym.

****

"So how have things been with you and Jay?" I asked Shenika as we stretched our legs and arms.

"Girl, I don't know anymore." She said shrugging.

"What does that mean?" I said.

"He been acting hella strange lately. And I can't shake the feeling that he cheating." She said as we walked to the treadmills.

We got on the treadmills and started at a nice steady pace. "Shenika it's been months what are you waiting on? Confront his ass and ask him what's up. Don't sit around and wait to find out! You gotta get on him." I said as we walked towards the treadmills.

"I know, but I'm scared he'll say yeah." She said. As we began to walk on the treadmills.

I remembered how I felt when Dom told me he cheated on me. Worst feeling in life! "But you the longer you wait, the worse shit can get Nika. I love you and Jayden both the same but a cheating ass nigga is a cheating ass nigga and nobody deserves to go through that shit. " I said picking up speed on my treadmill and beginning to jog.

"You right." She nodded and then picked up speed on her treadmill. The look she had on her face I knew all too well. Insecurity, questions, doubt, and fear.

***

"Lord have mercy, I'm tied bitch." Shenika whined as we were laid out on some mats. We'd just finished doing some squats and crunches.

I was breathing hard. "Me too, I'm ready to go na." I said as we got up. We grabbed a water bottle and headed out.

As we headed back towards my place Shenika had this look in her eyes. "Stop by my place real quick." She said.

"Alright." I said. I didn't have a good feeling about this but I drove.

When we got to their place Shenika let us in. She went into their room and went to their closet and just started going through Jayden's stuff.

"Girl what you doing?" I asked.

"Last week he came in here and was here longer than usual. He hiding some shit in here. Are you gonna help me or not?" She asked not stopping her search.

This may sound crazy but I was terrified. Not of being caught or anything.. But of what we may find. I just shook my head took a deep breath and put my keys down and helped.

We searched through his pants, jacket pockets, every thing that belonged to him was clean. "See, nothing. Maybe he not even cheating." I said feeling a bit of relief.

She just stood there looking disappointed. "Nika we ain't find nothing." I said putting my hand on her shoulder.

"Then what's going on? Why he ain't happy with me no more?! What am I doing wrong?" She said tears starting to form. "I'm not beautiful to him no more Nae'. He don't look at me the way Dominic look at you."

I looked down. "Shenika.. Don't make comparisons. Jayden isn't Dominic. You guys just have to talk. Tell him how you feel, maybe he doesn't even realize how things are. You've been together for a long time, you're just used to each other."

For some reason I just looked up and saw a shoe box. Shenika's eyes followed mine. She reached up and grabbed it.

She opened the box and there were papers. We stared at each other. I grabbed the paper the main thing that had our attention was "Bureau of Child Support Services" label at the top of the page.

I just shook my head not wanting to believe this was real. "No. Why Jayden?? Why?!" I said to myself.

I looked up at Shenika she was furious. "We're just used to each other huh?" She said snatching the papers out of my hand. "This muthafucka got a baby somewhere and didn't even tell-- wait a minute bitch he got a baby meaning he done cheated on me forreal!!"

I was truly lost for words. All I could think about was how Jayden kept this secret for so long.. Most importantly how could he keep it from me? I had zoned out with so many things racing through my head I didn't even see how Shenika had completely started packing Jayden shit.

"Wait a minute Nika. Take a minute to think about this." I said stopping her.

She gave me the straightest face. "Nae', I know he your brother but either you help me get this shit out of here or get the fuck outta my face." I seen and heard all the hurt in her voice. I almost wanted to cry. So I just grabbed a suitcase and grabbed Jayden's clothes out of the dresser. He's my brother and she's my best friend but I know what it's like to be cheated on and that shit ain't cool. A no good nigga is a no good ass nigga. Needless to say.

We packed the suitcases in my car and headed back to my house. Where all hell is about to break loose.

We got back to my house and we both walked in calmly. I didn't know what Shenika was gonna do. I just walked over to Naomi who was asleep on the couch in between Jayden and Dominic and took her and put her in her crib and cracked her door. My child didn't need to be around.

I walked out and stood by Shenika. "Y'all alright? What's happened at the gym?" Dom asked.

"Y'all ain't fuck nobody up did y'all?" Jayden asked.

I just shook my head. "You been cheating on me Jayden?" Shenika said getting straight to the point.

"What? Shenika no." He said.

She looked at me and I just shook my head at how he's lying. He got up from the couch and came our way. "Shenika I--" he was saying until she pulled the child support papers and showed them to him.

"You ain't cheating but you got a baby? And ya dumb ass on child support bitch." She said shaking the paper in his face and as soon as he said "baby" she struck his ass right in the jaw.

He held onto his face and she just charged at him and started hitting him everywhere. "How you gon fuck around and have a baby on me?" I pulled her away from him and Dominic helped Jayden.

"You a piece of shit. I was nothing but loyal to yo no good as and this is how you repay me? I was supposed to have your baby. ME!" She said slapping her hand to her chest. Tears ran down her face and the whole room was quiet. I was in tears myself cause I'd never seen her like this. And I know what finding you've gotten cheated on does to you. But my situation wasn't nowhere as worse as theirs.

She shook me off. "I'm out of here. Have a good life." She said as she walked out the door and slammed it.

Jayden stared at me with hurtful eyes. "Since we were 14 years old, we've always told each other everything.. Even the shameful things.. And you choose to hide this from me?" I said lowly.

"Jenae'." I just shook my head and walked into my room leaving them there.