Final Epilogue

"Quit trying, kuya." Kimberly hissed at me when I tried to mix the powdered milk to the warm water placed in a bottle.

Kumunot ang noo ko at binitawan ang scoop. "Damn. Just let me be."

"Carry him, brother. Ako na ang gagawa." She rolled her eyes at me and sweetly smiled at the baby - my baby - she's carrying.

My heart instantly filled with happiness and pride as he reached his little and soft fingers on me. I just can't believe until now that I am finally holding him. Damn. No one can ever replace this feeling I have right now. Having my baby on my arms is just a priceless thing, knowing that he came out from my own flesh and blood.

"Hey little buddy, I guess Google is not a good teacher." I playfully said and inhaled his baby scent.

Napuno ng saya ang puso ko at walang-malay na napatingin sa itaas. My heart is erratically beating so hard because of overwhelming gratitude for the God above.

"You're not just a fast learner, bro." Kim said as she shakes the bottle. I just shrugged and looked at my baby again. Damn, buddy. You just make my whole life complete. "Feed him." Ani Kim at inabot sa akin ang bote.

My son's face lit up as he saw the bottle of milk. He made a really cute sound and it made my heart filled with pride again.

"Someone's hungry, huh?" I cooed as I gently placed the nub of the bottle to his mouth, which he opened eagerly.

"You know what, brother, sabi nila mas maganda daw kung gatas ng ina ang iniinom ng baby. You know, mas iba pa din kapag galing sa ina." Kim said recklessly.

I glared at her. "I don't know what you're doing here. The last time I remember, I'm still mad at you for lying to her. My baby is at stake for what you did!" I said with utmost tenderness even my heart will explode to anger any moment now. I just don't want to shout in front of my six-month-old son.

"Kuya..."

Napatigil si Kim sa kanyang sasabihin nang marinig namin ang marahan na katok sa nursery room ng anak ko.

I looked at the door and my heart somersaulted when I recognized who was peaking at the door. I swallowed hard and almost forgot I was feeding my son, who made a protest sound when The nub of the bottle discarded on his mouth.

"Distracted on his game like a boy who just saw his crush." Mahinang bulong ni Kim, nang aasar.

I composed myself by swallowing hard, not minding of what Kim had said. Which is partly true. Damn. I walked towards her, while feeding our baby.

"Um... Hi, he w-was about to sleep when you came." Fuck. I want to curse myself for stuttering. I felt like a boy caught for breaking something in the living room.

She sweetly smiled. A smile like she did not care of my presence. Like I do not exist. And I remember my baby in my arms, her smile was for him. Is it right to feel jealous with my son? With my own flesh and blood? Hell no. But I was feeling hurt because I know, I will not taste that kind of sweet smile from her.

I loosen my grip when she stretched her hand to get our baby from me. I closed my eyes for a moment when I inhaled her womanly scent. Hindi ko namalayan ang paghigpit ng kapit ko sa anak ko. I heard my son's giggle, waking me up from my trance. I lost my senses by just inhaling her scent. Fuck. This is crazy. Utterly crazy.

Chastin Philip instantly giggled when he recognized his mother.

"Aw. My baby missed me. How are you, baby boy? You wanna go home and see your old peers?" She playfully said as she dance our baby. I was lost in her smiles. Nakatunganga ako sa mag ina ko and I don't mind it. I am just so happy. Pero hindi ko din maikaila na may kulang.