51. His Thoughts

Doctors were all fucking liars.

They'd said that they did everything to save their patients but end up telling that the patient was already dead.

How could they lie like that?

"We did everything to save the baby, Mr. Almante, ngunit bumitaw na ang bata bago pa man namin siya iligtas. Technically, the baby was dead on arrival."

My jaw clenched. "How old is..." I don't know. What is my kid? A girl? A boy?

"He's a boy, Mr. Almante. And he was seven weeks old."

I shut my eyes tight and pursed my lips together. Tumalikod ako at sinuntok ang pader dahil sa labis na sakit na dala nito sa puso ko. And letting it out by hurting myself can ease the pain! Or so I thought...

"Putangina!" I bawled and punched the wall again as if I was withdrawing all my anger, pain and fucking regrets. Pinilit hawakan ni mom at Mr. Tuazon ang kamay ko ngunit hindi ako tumigil.

Two months. He was two months old and I didn't get any trivial chance to hold him. I am fucking futile!

"Will... anak, tama na..." mom said, crying.

"Putangina, ma! Putangina! Nawalan na naman ako..." I mumbled as I shed a tear. Tumigil ako sa pagsuntok sa pader at sinalo ang aking luha! Fuck!

My knuckles were trembling and bleeding but I don't give a fuck. Sinilip ko si Athena Grace sa loob ng suite niya. She was peacefully sleeping while her mom was combing her hair. Was she already aware that we had lost our child?

I heaved a deep sigh, calming myself, trying to cease the wild beat of my heart. It was throbbing so hard I find it hard to sigh. The pain is just too strong and it makes me so fucking weak. But no, I need to be strong for Athena Grace. She had lost a baby boy, too. And this is new to her. She needs me. I want to be her strength.

I swallowed the bile in my throat and opened the door in her suite. Her parents were on Athena Grace's side, looking at her. Tita Anna was on her wheelchair, still combing Athena Grace's hair with pure tenderness.

"Fuck, dude!"

I didn't see that one coming. Fray punched me hard when he saw me. Napaupo agad ako at dinaluhong ng isa pang suntok. He took my collar while his eyes were blazing with fury.

"Fray Arkhim!" Mr. Phillip Van Haughes warned.

"Tell me... you didn't plan to get her pregnant, right?! 'Coz I fucking know you! You didn't intend to make love to her!" He pronounced as he landed his knuckles on my jaw.

"Fray! Get off my brother!"

Pumasok si Kimberly at tinulak si Fray. She put her hands on my face as if checking me. "Are you okay, sir?"

"Get out, Kimberly! Bring your bullshit of a brother with you!" Fray shouted.

"Fine." I answered at Kim as I ran my tongue on my lips, tasting the blood in there.

I stood up.

Tita Anna was just sternly looking at me. She seemed mad, too. I wanted to punch myself to death for what I brought to Athena Grace's life. I was the one who wrecked her, who dismantled her into pieces, who pushes her into amidst of hell. I used her friends just to prove that I can broke her with my own hands. And she did break. It was so silly of me to break the only girl who had loved me despite of the shenanigans I had.

Yes, I never intend to get her pregnant that's why I didn't came inside her on our first union. But I realised how strong adoration I had for her when she stayed beside the fact that I had dark, dark past with Melissa Cojuanco. Athena Grace voluntarily gave herself to me for the second time and understands me whatever the fuck I did.