52. Masterpiece

"I'll double your pay, lahat kayo ng mga kasamahan mo. Just let me talk to her."

"Pasensya na po, sir. Hindi po namin matatanggap ang inaalok ninyo. Sorry po."

"Gonna triple it. Just let me fucking see her!"

"Hindi po talaga pwede."

I gritted my teeth when one of the guards I tried to bribe got out on my car. I was three blocks away from the Van Haughes' house, thinking of possible ideas to get into her. Lumabas ako sa kotse ko at inilabas ang cellphone ko. I dialled Athena Grace's number, just trying my luck, but it didn't ring.

I leaned on my car's hood and stared at their house while my hands were clenching around my phone. Goddammit! I missed her so much. If I would climb their high fence, I will be able to go there, problem is I don't know where to find her. I don't want to miss my chance.

"Fuck." I muttered when my phone rang.

I saw Mark Hortaleza's number appeared on my phone. I guess I knew what he's going to tell me.

"What do you need, asshole?" I greeted.

"We need to talk. Now."

"Who are you to boss me around, Hortaleza?"

"Fifteen minutes. In my house, Almante." He demanded and the line went off.

Clenching my jaws, I rode my car again and drove off to the Hortaleza's house. I think this thing with Melissa Cojuanco needed to be discuss with Mark. After all, he's a good friend.

Melissa Cojuanco was just another prey. Should be. Our world was revolving in the same phase. We had one circle of friends. Sa mahigit dalawang taon na wasak siya dahil sa kanyang asawa, na magkasangga kami, na kasama ang isa't isa, naging malapit ako sa kanya. I saw her then as a confidant and not a prey.

Kapag nag aaway sila ni James dahil sa panghahabol ng huli kay Trina ay nasasaktan siya kaya pumupunta siya sa akin para may masandalan o maiyakan. I was letting her because what we we're doing is a partnership. Both has mutual benefits.

Years ago, James and Trina were ex lovers. And Mark came in the picture. He fell in love with Trina and Trina eventually fell in love with him when James was trashing her away because of a problem. I knew that James was stuck in loving Trina even the years passed he was married to Melissa out of agreement.

One day in the amidst of banging Melissa, I unanticipatedly had the urge of making my relationship with her a serious one because I suddenly want to settle in. Not because I loved her. I just want to settle in. She's a good catch anyway. She's just married with James but I can compromise with that. That was when I stopped having protected sex with her and months later, I knew I got Melissa pregnant. I never had a challenge in life until that happened. I want to build a family with her because of convenience. Because through my entire existence, I was contented of fucking screwed and weak women because they are powerless and I found that as a funny and enjoyable tripping. I am a devil, after all. But then Melissa Cojuanco got my ego broke when she still picked her useless husband over me after discovering that she was pregnant with me. After I begged her to commit adultery with me.

"Seriously, Will? You're using the video to blackmail Melissa? Ano ba'ng kagaguhan na naman ang pumapasok sa isip mo at hindi mo pa din tinatantanan si Melissa? After two fucking years! Grow up, man!" Sigaw sa akin ni Mark nang magharap kami.

His wife, Trina Acilles-Hortaleza, was just eyeing me on his side. I smirked. If looks could kill, I would probably in hell right now. We're on their gazebo, the laptop and the video, a sex video of Melissa with Mark, was playing on the table. The sex happened because of James' stupidity. Inutusan niya si Melissa noon na gawin ito. And being the crazy and desperate woman she was, she ended up following James' order in exchange of pleasing him, and having the chance to gain the lost love James had for Melissa, back in their teenage days. Mark was drugged that's why he's not aware when this happened. He'd gone mad to Melissa when he knew about this video years back but the friendship was retrieved after all these shits.