Never run away from a criminal

Winny's P.O.V.

"Jonas wake up, come on." I tell Jonas as I see him rub his eyes and open them.

He looks at me and gives me a confused look. It was the middle of the night and I sneaked off into the Lost Boys' room.

"Sissy?" He asks and I nod, carrying him along with me and walking outside the room.

I already packed our bags before hand, carrying our suitcases along with me.

An hour ago, I called the boat and told them to bring Jonas and I home. I didn't need Patch to know about my plan. He'd beg me to stay and I didn't want that.

I needed to leave. My parents were probably worried about Jonas and I, and I wanted to leave, knowing Patch would be safe and not arrested. I'll never tell them where he is.

I run to the dock, Jonas in my arms and our suitcases.

I'm sorry, Patch.

"Winny Darcy? You're Boss' girl right?" The boat owner asks and I nod.

"With my brother. Can you bring us home? It's alright with Patch." I tell him and he shrugs, nodding.

"Okay, okay. It will take a few hours. Just rest and make yourself at home." He says and I nod, bringing Jonas and I to the boat, sighing and looking back at the beach house.

Goodbye, Patch.

. . .

"We're here, ma'am." I hear the boat's man say and I nod.

I mumble a thank you and I wake up Jonas. He's frowning up at me and he sighs.

"What's wrong Jon Jon?" I ask him and he looks around, before slumping in his seat.

"I miss Patchy. Are we going to meet him at home?" Jonas asks and I sigh.

I shrug and look at him.

"I don't know, Jonas. Let's hope for the best." I tell him and he nods, frowning the whole way out the boat.

When I get out the boat, I see someone waiting for me.

Nan.

I smile at her and she smiles back at me, as I run to her. Jonas follows me and looks really sad. Nan and I had a lot of catching up to do.

"Where the hell have you been, girl? The ball was a success." Nan says and I laugh at her.

The ball! How could I forget about that?

"I'm sorry. I'm sure it was. I'll tell you the rest later. Right now, I'm sorry and I want to go back to school sums it all up." I tell her and she nods.

We walk to her car, with Jonas in my arms and I sit down shotgun, with Jonas on my lap.

"How cute! Look at him." Nan says, cooing at Jonas.

Jonas blushes and looks away, giggling. Aww, how adorable he's shy.

"I'm not cute, I am handsome, madame." Jonas says and takes her hand, placing a little kiss on her hand.

I laugh at the gesture and Nan gives him a smile, laughing at him too. My my, Jonas has grown up!

"Jonas? Who taught you that?" I ask him and he shrugs, looking up at me.

"Rufus did. He told me that when women call me cute, I tell them I'm not, I'm handsome. Teddy taught me the kissy." He says and giggles softly.

I see. He frowned after a while, probably thinking about them. Poor Jonas, I missed them too.

"As in the Lost Boys? Winny what were you doing playing around with them? They're your ex' best friends. Do you remember the bro code?" Nan asks and rolls her eyes.

Ex?

"My ex?" I ask her and she stops to look at me.

She places a hand up and stares at me weirdly.

"Wait, do you mean to say that you guys are still dating? Oh my god did you like elope or something? OH MY GOD! Is that a ring?! You did elope!" She says and holds out my hand to see the engagement ring on my finger.

I was going to tell her later, oh well.

"Nan, it isn't like that. Yeah we ran away, but not to get married. It's complicated. I'll explain once we go to school tomorrow." I tell her and she sighs.

She points a finger at me and glares at me.

"You better." She says and we don't talk the whole ride home.

. . .

"You sure you're going to be okay? I can park and go with you." Nan asks and I sigh, nodding.

I guess it was time for me to go home.

"I'm sure." I tell her and she nods, driving away.

Well here goes nothing.

I walk to the door and knock. The door swings open and I immediately see Mike.

I haven't seen my brother in so long.

"Winny? Jonas? Where the hell have you been?!" He asks and pulls the both of us into a hug.

I hug him back and cry a bit, missing my brother a lot.

Why did I ever leave?

"Mike, who is it?" I hear my mom's voice behind us and once I pull away, I see my mother shocked as she stares at me.

"Winny? Winny?!" She says and runs to me, hugging me, too.

I missed my mom so much.

I give her a smile and she stares at me with worry.

"I was so worried. I know everything okay? Mike told me everything. Patch kidnapped you and Jonas-" She says but I cutt her off.

"He didn't. I left with him. He didn't kidnap anyone or take anyone against their will." I tell her and she looks shocked than she already was.

I turn to Mike behind me and shove him a bit.

"How could you?! Real or not, you're my brother. Brothers support their sisters, not become their enemy. He didn't kidnap Jonas and I! He was scared to get arrested and he needed to leave. He couldn't do that without me, and I couldn't leave without my brothers. You just had to become the enemy, and tell the cops our location. You aren't my brother!" I tell him and turn to my mother.

"Winny, that boy is bad for you. Your father and I have been looking for you for months! That boy kept your location from us. He has to be arrested, weather he kidnapped you or not." Mom says and I shake my head.

"No, mom please. I'm back. This all could end. We can all be happy." I tell her and she shakes her head.

"I will never be happy, until that boy is arrested for what he did to our family!" Mom says and I shake my head.

"Then I'll stay. I'll stay a-and I won't see him again, but you don't arrest him. I'll leave the moment you do. I've been hidden from you for months and I can do it again. You arrest him and you'll be happy, but I'll never forgive you and you'll never see your daughter again. Decide mom." I tell her and she sighs, glaring at me for a moment and breathes in and out for a while ,calming down.

"Fine. I won't arrest him, but you'll never leave or see him again and you'll continue school. Do you promise?" She asks me and I close my eyes.

Will I never see Patch again?

I open my eyes and finally nod.

"I promise."