Never tell a criminal your secret

Winny's P.O.V

I smiled nervously at my brother once and hurriedly went to check on Patch.
My brother didn't have to punch him again, I was sick and tired of him bossing me around! I know he was the responsible one, but I still am the older one.

"What am I doing here? Well I could ask you the same thing, Michael. You told mom and dad that you were crashing at Ollie's tonight!" I told him and he glared at me, rolling his eyes.

He sighed began to speak.

"Please, Winny. You know where I go, no matter what I say. You knew I wasn't crashing at Ollie's and yet you bring Jonas into this type of place!" Mike says and started looking around again.

I stood up and left Patch for a while, glaring at him.

"If you think I'm not worth taking care of our brother then why leave us alone just to get to late night booty calls?!" I ask and look at Patch, as he dabbed the bottom of his shirt on his bloody lip.

Woah, that V line.

I shook off the thought and saw Mike looking guilty. He sighed and scratched the back of his head.

"Maybe I've got to leave all the responsibilities for a night. I'm sick and tired of being the responsible one, Winny! That's supposed to be you. Don't you dare think that you aren't supposed to be responsible for Jonas because--" He stopped.

I knew what he was going to say.

I hated it when he used it against me and we both remain quiet.

"Because what Mike?" I ask and grab Patch's elbow, brisk walking towards his room.

I needed to forget about what Mike was about to say.

♡♡♡

Jonas was currently trying to wipe my tears. He was being the brother I deserved unlike Mike who always held that secret against me.

"Don't cwy Winny! Don't be sad. You're making me sad." Jonas says, looking as if he was about to cry.

Jonas didn't know about it. I bet he'd never look at me the same again. He'd probably treat me like Mike by the time he knew.

I wouldn't be his "sissy" anymore.

"Oh Jonas don't cry!" I told him and place him on my lap, wiping his tears.

My brother was quite the emotional type.

I hear the door open behind me and I sigh, not wanting to hear what Mike would say to cover whatever he was about to say, up.

He'd use that secret against me and apologize for it whenever it came out.

And as always I'd probably be ready to forgive him in a month or so.

"I don't want to hear it, Michael." I state, not bothering to face him.

I sigh and Jonas came scampering off my life, running to whoever was behind me.

"It's fine if you don't want to talk about it, birdy." I hear Patch's voice behind me and I immediately turn.

He's holding Jonas in his arms, cradling him against his chest as Jonas starts to close his eyes, getting ready to sleep.

I smile at him and quickly wipe my tears. I let out a forced laugh and sigh.

"Umm, Patch I'd like to go home please." I tell him and he nods, looking at Jonas.

Jonas nodded and sighed, looking at me.

"Winny is sad. We want to go home please Patchy?" Jonas asked and Patch nodded, picking Jonas up and sighed.

"Let's go, birdy." Patch said and I walked out the door with him.

♡♡♡

"Goodnight Jon-Jon." I whispered and kissed the top of his head as he continued to sleep.

I smiled at his tiny figure and walked out of his room.

I saw Patch waiting for me outside the room and gave me a smile.

"You okay?" He asked and I nodded, walking towards the refrigirator.

I sort of forgot what happened with Mike. I mean I am older by a year and he shouldn't treat me as if I was younger than Jonas.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Do you want a sandwhich?" I asked and started to make mine.

He shook his head and sat on one of the chairs, sighing and looking at me.

"Now what was that all about at Neverland. You know I hate fighting in my palace." He said and I rolled my eyes, sitting next to him.

Was I prepared to tell someone other than a family member about it? I mean no one knows about it other than my parents and Mike.

"Yeah, it's complicated." I told him and he sighed, taking my hand in his and studying the ring he gave me.

He looked at me and tipped my chin up.

"You can tell me anything, birdy." Patch said and I sighed, rolling my eyes.

Was he trying to force it out of me?

"Look Patch, it's not a big deal okay?! Don't force it out! It's not a big deal that I'm adopted and--" I stopped mid sentence when I realize I had blurted it out and his eyes softened.

They weren't filled with ignorance or guilt like with my parents. They weren't what I saw everyday with Mike.

There was actually care in them.

"I don't care if you're adopted, birdy. It doesn't make you less of a person. Don't let it get to you." Patch said and gave me a soft smile.

I gave him a small smile and reached up to kiss his cheek. I shouldn't have done that, the sparks were uncontrollable now.

I gave him another smile and he chuckled at my blushing self.

"Thank you for understanding, Patchy." I told him and he placed a kiss to my forehead.

He frowned at me and gave me a confused look.

"Umm, no offense birdy, but who wouldn't understand?" He asked and I sighed.

"Mike." I told him and he glared at probably Mike who wasn't here.

He wrapped his hands around my waist and gave me a smile.

"If he doesn't realize what a miracle it was for you to pop into his life, then he deserves to get beat up as hard as he punched me." Patch said and I looked up at him, giving him a smile.

I'm glad Patch supported me for once, which I didn't expect.

I'm glad someone actually supported me.