Never accept a gift from a criminal

Winny's P.O.V.

I gasped as I looked at Patch through the window. I sighed at his attempt at a grand gesture.

One box was placed in his hand.

"Could you kind of like let me in. I mean I've got a lot to carry." He said and stared at the box in his hand.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, placing Jonas down as he instantly bolted to the window sill. He peeked up at Patch, needing to tip-toe, by the window.

Wait wasn't that from a scary movie? Wait, nevermind.

"Patch! Patch!" Jonas said as he jumped, struggling to open the window.

I locked it this time which meant Patch wasn't getting in here without my help. Jonas couldn't obviously get it himself.

I sighed, gently telling Jonas to move aside as I opened it for him.

"Patchy, Patchy, Patch!" Jonas practically screamed and jumped into his arms.

Patch gave him a grin before placing him on his hip. I gave him a glare before walking out of the room.

I was still mad at him for telling me no one would want me.

I mean I get it, I was a loser nobody had to say it twice. I didn't have to hear it from him.

"Hey, birdy wait up." Patch said before I closed the door.

I turned around, glaring at him. Jonas was probably in the room.

"What do you have to say to the friendless loser now? I mean I get it. I'm a loser, Patch. That's all I'll ever be." I told him and he shook his head.

He handed me the box and I simply stared at it. What would I do with that?

"It's a kiss." He said and let out a laugh.

A kiss? Wasn't that a thing done quite differently. A kiss was a motion people did when they liked each other.

A kiss wasn't a box and it was definitely not what Patch presented.

"A kiss, huh? I've never gotten a kiss before." I said and played along, rolling my eyes.

"Well it's close to a kiss. I mean if I gave you an actual kiss, you'd slap me in the face." He said and I nodded.

I wouldn't have slapped him. I would've demolished him and kick him out of the house. That's what I would do.

"What a lovely first kiss this is." I said, dryly and took the box.

He rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Well it's similar. It's pure, from the.... heart? And it's beautiful. So it's close." He said and I gave him a genuine smile.

He smiled back as I oppened the box. It was a ring. Wait, a ring?

"You gave me a ring? I am too young for marriage, Patch." I told him, sarchastically and he rolled his eyes.

The ring had a P on it and I obviously knew what it stands for. I looked up at him and he took the ring, sliding it on my finger.

"It'll protect you. I mean it's not much, but it will trust me." He said and I nodded.

I gazed at the ring and let out a laugh. What would I need the ring for? What would I need protecting for?

"Umm, thanks but I'm pretty sure I'm safe. I've got a smooth criminal on my side, right?" I asked him jokingly and looked at him.

He was glaring at me and I let out a nervous laugh. Right, he didn't like it when I said that.

"I don't need protecting, Patch but thanks for the friendship ring." I told him and he frowned, placing a hand over his heart.

Pretty smooth change of subject right?

"Ouch, Birdy. I think you just friend zoned me on the spot, I'm hurt." He said with a laugh and my eyes widened.

I turned red and gave him a small smile.

"But seriously, you do need protecting, because we're going somewhere dangerous." He said and gave me a smile as if he didn't just say dangerous.

Wait, did he say going? There was no way I was going anywhere with him while I was watching Jonas. No way at all.

Just then, Jonas ran out of my room and gave Patch a smile. Patch laugh and carried him, as Jonas gave him a smile.

"I want to go on adventuws like you, Patch!" Jonas said and I sighed.

"Well it's bed time Jonas. I have to tuck you in now." I told him and Jonas frowned.

Jonas crossed his arms over his chest and gave me a cute glare. I knew he was mad but mom would kill me if he wasn't asleep at this time.

"Please, Winny?" He asked and I sighed, shaking my head.

Jonas sighed and looked away from me, placing his head on Patch's shoulder. I gasped, Jonas wasn't usually like this. He obviously had a liking to Patch.

Let me tell you Jonas was very persistent.

"Well, you could go on an adventure with us." Patch told him and I mentally face palmed.

Bring my little brother to a bar or some place where teens hang out?! Now way, it was dangerous, Patch told me.

"I don't think so, Jonas. You have to go to bed, Mom and Mikey would be worried." I told him and Patch gave me a pleading look.

"Come on, Winny. You've got to learn how to live a little. Come with me, you could bring Jonas." He said and I gasped.

I was not bringing Jonas, and I couldn't leave him here. I couldn't go.

"No, you said it yourself it's dangerous! Jonas can't go, and I have to watch him Patch." I told him and Patch was obviously not giving up.

He handed Jonas over to me and I looked over at him.

"Where are you bringing us anyway? To a club? Jonas isn't even allowed to one of those." I told him and Patch shook his head.

"No, we're going to Neverland."