Never "marry" a criminal

Patch's P.O.V.

I turn to her and see that she's really uncomfortable. What's wrong with her? Did she think that this was too much?

"Is this too much?" I ask and she shakes her head, sighing.

She gives me a smile and she lets out a laugh, giving me a confused look.

"What's all this for, Patch?" She asks me and I look at her, smirking.

I mean we are in a room that looked like it was made in a five star restaurant and Teddy's uncle made that happen.

"It's for us, Birdy. I wanted to ask you something important." I tell her and suddenly there's a violin playing.

She looks at me and notices I'm in a suit, she turns red at the grand gesture and sighs.

"You clean up nice, Patch." She says and I give her a smirk.

Such a charmer, Birdy.

"Well, it's my dad's suit." I tell her and sigh as I remember my dad.

Well the thing is, I don't. I don't remember my mother either. They were found dead when I got home from school when I was four.

Winny obviously didn't know that. I had told her on the first day of school that my parents paid my tuition to go to school, but in truth......

I just wanted to fulfill my promise to Winny. The girl needed to break out of her shell and learn how to live a little.

With all the drama and excitement that happened between us, I think I have.

"Well, your dad has good taste in suits. It surely looks nice on you." She says and fiddles with the end of her dress.

I stare at her in the dress I set for her. She cleans up really nice too. I had gave her that dress for no particular reason, and now that she was wearing that white dress and I had on my suit, it looked like we were newly weds.

I heard a glass clank and saw Rocco walking out in a fancy waiter costume, vest and tray and all. He looked mad and stared at Winny, as she was about to giggle.

"Laugh, and I'll kill you." Rocco says and that just makes it harder not to laugh at.

He sets our food on the table and leaves as soon as he does. Winny checks if he's still there and she laughs when he's finally out of sight.

"His fly was down and that vest was too short on him." Winny says and laughs out loud.

I loved how she looked when she laughed, when all her worries were gone. She would just look like her normal self.

Sweet, kind, humble Winny.

A song started to play in the background as I offered my hand out to her.

"Ehemm, umm. May I have this dance?" I ask her and she gives me a small smile, nodding.

She stands up and dusts off her dress.

"I'd love to." She says and I pull her close, kissing her between her eyebrows.

Her eyes close for a while, as she places her head on my shoulder, swaying to the music. I wish that this moment would pause and I wouldn't have to worry about anything.

I'd just be here, dancing with her, there'd be no such thing as the tap outs, I wouldn't be a criminal, and I'd have everything I needed, well there was only one thing I needed as of now.

Winny.

She laughs, as the bridge of the song starts and I dip her, steadying her with my hand on her waist and the other one still clasping her hand.

I kiss her neck as I begin to bring her up again to eye level.

"You've sure got the moves." She says and I shrug, twirling her and bringing her chest to mine.

I kiss the back of her neck and lean my head beside hers, right next to her ear.

"Well that's one of the perks of owning a club." I whisper and I feel her shake, kissing the nape of her neck.

The song stops and I lean in to kiss her lips, pulling her close towards me. My hands wander on her waist and I hear an adorable squeek come from her lips.

I pull away and stare into her eyes, smiling down at her.

"Come with me." I tell her and pull her to the living room again.

Winny gasps as she sees Teddy, at the center of the room, along with rose petals everywhere and chairs where Lily, Belle,Rocco, Rufus, Fox, Rob and Sam sat.

There was a trail of petals in between the seats they sat, it almost looked like a-

"Wedding? Are we getting married?!" Winny asks in shock and shakes her head.

I laugh at her and shake my head. I let go of her hand and place a kiss to her palm.

"No, this is me asking you if you want to be with me infront of our friends."I say and see Mike, out of no where tap on his sister's shoulder and take her hand.

"I'm here to give you away. It's fine, I won't tell mom and dad." Mike says and she still looks in shock.

I nod at her and walk to my position at the front of the aisle.

Still shocked after I explained it to her, Mike and Winny watch as Jonas comes out from a room in a little suit and throws mini chocolate bars everywhere.

Wait, chocolate bars?

"He instisted and we ran out of petals." Teddy whispers and Jonas smiles, continuing to throw chocolate bars.

He's a unique kid.

Mike walks Winny down the aisle and kisses her cheek, sitting in his seat next to Jonas and Lily.

"We are gathered hear today to hear something that Patch has to finally ask Winny. Before he asks, is there anybody who'd like to intrude?" Teddy asks and I see Belle raise her hand.

Typical Belle. Teddy looks around and his eyes fall on her, then ignores her completely, giving me a smile and nodding.

"Since there is no one, you may ask the soon to be bride." Teddy says and walks to his seat, watching the two of us.

I look at Jonas and he instantly brings a pillow out of his basket and places a shiny thing on it.

The kiss.

"Winny, I've been meaning to ask you this ever since I've seen you in my club. You seemed so happy, and I loved that you were. I've just realized now that, maybe that's all I wanted to do I guess. I just want to make you happy. Winny, will you do the honors of being mine?" I ask her and take the gleaming thing from Jonas' pillow.

It was a simple light blue metal band that had something engraved on the inside.

You've got to learn how to live a little.

It's what I always told Winny, and I wanted her to remember that. I won't always be her to tell her that, so I figured that she needed a reminder.

She smiles, but then suddenly it fades. She looks down at the floor and stares up at me with teary eyes. Then she shakes her head.

"I do, but I-- I just can't." She says and sighs, running away from the room and probably to the secret tunnel.

No, I wasn't letting her get away. Not this time.