Chapter Eleven : "Sudden Attacks"

Start from the beginning

 I wasn't able to answer for a minute since I was still quite shocked on how fast things happened. "Just stay here pop, guard the entrance. Don't let anyone in" I told him and then I ran to the Skitter camp to ask Murich for help.

 The rebel skitters searched the whole grounds and guarded the back of the camp in case someone tries to break in. "Tom!!" I heard Anne calling from the doors in front of  the building. "Stay inside" I told her and then Dan handed me a gun and we went to the front lines to ready for attack.

 "Mr. President you should go inside" Gen. Briggs told me.

 "I'm staying here, General" I told him and then we positioned ourselves in different places and waited. After a few minutes of silence, we got up and a beamer flew by. We don't have a shield anymore, they're free to attack anytime they want, and so they did. Thankfully, it hit the part where there are still no people or tents in it.

 Cochise and his friends dashed outside to get a clear view of the beamer and they shot it down. After it went down, the whole crowd just went and cheered for them.

...............................................................................................................................................................................

 It's morning and thankfully even if the fire is gone, the rain has stopped. Our clothes are still wet but we have to move and just eat breakfast along the way so we started to pack our things and head on when I heard a movement just outside the cave.

 "Did you hear that? I asked Deni.

 "Yeah" she said and then brought out her gun.

 We slowly went out of the cave, we saw nothing. But then a herd of skitters jumped in on us, my gun flew a feet away from me and also Deni's. We're fighting them barehanded since our knives are still with our things inside the cave. I managed to get my gun and shot one skitter but Deni was subdued by another one so I dropped the gun.

 "Don't kill her" I said to it. It's hand is gripped into her neck.

 "What do we have here" I heard someone say so I looked up on a tree and saw a de-harnessed kid. He jumped down and the skitter let Deni go.

 "Who are you?" he asked.

 "Ben .. this is Deni" I told him.

 "So are you a couple?"

 "No"

 He then saw our spikes and asked where are we from. "Charleston" Deni said. "That's where I'm headed" he then replied.

 "You never told us your name" she added.

 "Harry" he said and then held out his hands to shake hands.

 "You're the one we're supposed to meet?"

 "I'm afraid not. These skitters are really not a part of any group. I treat them as my friends, we've been living here for a long time but we heard news about a skitter camp in Charleston. Is it true?"

 "Yes" I told him.

 "Then, I should head on to there. Nice meeting you folks" he said and the skitters gathered around him.

 "We'll see you there" Deni told Harry and then he started to walk away.

 "That was weird" I said to her and she agreed. We then gathered our things and went back to our mission.

................................................................................................................................................................................