Baby Series | You're Insecure About Your Body After The Birth

Luke:

Clothes were scattered in messy piles literally everywhere in Luke and yours bedroom, some spread over the bed and on the floor, almost to the point where you weren't able to see the light beige carpet. Luke stood at the doorframe to the bedroom, a surprised expression on his face as he took a look around the room, just barely seeing your bum stick out from your walk in closet attached to the bedroom. He hesitated a breath in confuse and walked fully into the bedroom with his eyebrows furrowed and your eyes met when you moved out from the closet to throw yet another piece of clothing into one of the piles. "I just tucked in William..." Luke said hesitating and pointed his thumb towards the door and you nodded your head in respond. "Y/N... What is going on in here?" You stopped in track by Luke's question and stared out in the air before looking up at him. "Nothing fits..." Luke furrowed his eyebrows by your words and took a look at all the clothes. To him it must have been impossible, you owned so much clothes, how could none of it fit you now? "Nothing fits and if it does, it makes me look like a bloated hippo who tries to buy t shirts in size small to not seem like I'm insecure about my body." Your tone had a mix between sadness, anger, and frustration on the same time, it was almost a flashback to when you had hormones from the pregnancy. You walked towards the full body mirror, and stood in front of it silently. "My body is a mess. Everything I have worked hard to get in fitness every morning at 6am. It's gone. Completely gone. And now, all I have is this piece of junk on my stomach that makes it impossible for me to wear anything I own. So I'm throwing it all out." You turned around 180 degrees fast to get away from the reflection in the mirror and Luke looked at you furrowed eyebrows. He didn't say anything, just approached you and grabbed your fingers, intertwining them with his own. Still keeping the silence he shook his head no slowly and pressed his lips against your forehead. "You're not gonna sell any of it." He said softly and quiet and you rolled your eyes at him. "Why not?" He smiled softly at you and wrapped his arms around your shoulders, pulling you into his chest and leaned his head against yours. "Because you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life. I don't care about your baby fat and neither should you. Because of this you carried the most amazing son we could ever get. Don't be shy or insecure. Eventually you'll lose it all when a couple of months have passed." Even if you were mad as shit, Luke always managed to put a smile on your face and made your stomach fill up with butterflies. Moving your head away from his you looked up at him with rosy cheeks and stood on your toes to reach his lips. "I love you Luke."

Calum:

With your shoulder resting against the doorframe to your walk in closet, a sigh escaped your lips and you crossed your arms. It was long, bright, white and beautiful. The wedding dress had been resting nicely inside the closet for months now, waiting to be used. You glanced down at your own body and moved away from the doorframe. There was no possible way that you were able to fit in it. When Mali and Joy brought it for your baby shower you hadn't given a simple thought about the chance that you weren't able to fit it when Alex was born. And now when you still hadn't lost all of your baby fat, there was no possible way you could get yourself in that thing without ruining everything. It was a devastating sight and you removed a single tear that ran down your cheek. It was embarrassing to you. You knew that you had been eating quite often during the pregnancy but that was a need for Alex. You hoped that most of it would disappear when he was born but it was still there, annoying and affecting the way you saw your body. Of course Calum always pointed out that you were more beautiful than ever and he didn't see a single change in you, but you were still sad. He wasn't the one who had to be in a wedding dress that didn't fit. "Y/N?" Calum's voice came from the doorframe to the bedroom and you glanced your eyes away from the dress to see Calum walk inside, placing the baby monitor in his hand on the dresser next to him. "What are you doing?" He asked, approaching you and wrapped his arms around your waist, resting his chin on the top of your forehead but not before placing a kiss to your hair. "Making my life miserable by staring at that." You said and pointed towards the wedding dress, looking up at him afterwards. He furrowed his eyebrows and looked down at you with curious eyes which made you sigh and walk towards it. "I think we need to return it." You said and grabbed onto the fabric, disappointing yourself just by saying the words. "God why? It's so damn beautiful. I thought you loved this dress." His voice was just as confused as his mind and he walked forward to stand next to you. "I did until I saw what my pregnancy did to my body. With the size I have now I think we should just grab a white sheet from the dresser and wrap it around my body." Calum rolled his eyes by your words and turned you around so you could look at him instead of the dress. "You're gonna wear that dress no matter what." He said sternly, but with soft eyes. "But I can't. Haven't you seen all the fat I've gotten? It's gonna ruin the dress." "That doesn't matter right now. If it means we'll have to delay the wedding once again. I just want you to feel as beautiful as I think you are. You aren't fat. Far from it. Alex was just a little bit fat when he was born so this is his leftovers. It's gone before you know it." Calum wrapped his arms around your shoulder and you smiled all over your face, placing a kiss to his nose as a thank you. "You always know what to say Cal."