"After all she's been through, she needs rest. Hell we all do." Marcus said.

I thought about all the sleepless nights I've had , and how Jenae' probably hasn't had any sleep at all. "Yeah man. Y'all go back to the house. I got it from here." I said.

"Alright man. If she wakes up, give her our love." Marcus said.

"Alright." I said. And they left.

It makes me feel horrible to see her laid in the hospital bed. Shot and beat up. All because of me. How would she ever forgive me? I just rubbed my hands down my face.

I looked up and she was opening her eyes. I walked to her side. "Hey." I said to her softly.

"Hey." She said with a scratchy throat. I went over to the counter and fixed a cup of water from the pitcher of water one of the nurses brought in here.

"Here you go. Drink this." I said putting the cup to her mouth. And she drank it.

"Thanks." She said softly.

"How you feeling?" I asked hesitantly.

"Like shit." She said.

"Want me to grab a doctor?" I asked ready to head to the door.

"No, it's not that bad. Why do I feel like you being.. Distant or something."

"Sorry." I said.

She grabbed my hand. I put my head down. "Dominic I'm fine. Thanks to you." She told me.

"No you fucked up, thanks to me. You can cuss me out, say all you need to say. I can take it Jenae'. Forreal." I said still with my head down low.

"Did you miss me everyday while I was gone?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Did you take care of Naomi?" She asked.

"Of course baby." I said.

"Did you do what you said you was gonna do and rescue me?" She asked.

I nodded. "But you--" I was trying to say.

"Then that's all that matters right now Dom." She said nonchalantly.

She was not fooling me. I knew deep down inside she was going through some mental shit; and I'd really have to push to get it out of her. But I'll let it be right now. "Okay."

We just sat there in silence. "I love you." I said trying to break the ice.

She looked at me. "Come lay with me." She said reaching her arm out towards me. I made sure I got in the side where her chest wouldn't be pained. To be comfortable I had to lay my head on her chest and she had to put her free arm around my shoulder. She just rubbed my shoulder up and down and I breathed out.

"When I was... With him... It was very hard for me.. I never knew what would piss him off. I never knew what he was gonna do to me. I was miserable e-everyday." She said through tears. "But I never lost my faith because I knew you would come for me. And you did. So don't you dare sit here and beat yourself up over something you had no control over."

"Everybody right about me though. How could you love somebody whose done the shit I've done." I said.

"I don't care about that. As long you're loving me and I'm loving you, then what you've done in the past doesn't bother me. And I'll never be mad at the things you do to protect the ones you love. Nothing will make me stop loving you. I fell in love with Dominic Carter. Not Mr. Chaos and Destruction." She said and she chuckled.

"You amaze me." I told her.

"Haven't I always?" She said cocky.

"Mhm. Now can I please, get some sugar?!" I asked.

"Diabetes or nah?" She asked.

"Diabetes and a heart attack please." I said. We bust out laughing.

"Don't make me laugh, my chest hurt." She said trying to stop herself from laughing.

I connected my lips to hers and kissed her like it was our first time.

"I've missed you." I told her as I laid my head back on her.

"I missed you too." She said playing in my hair. Lord knows I've missed her touch. I'm not losing her ever again.