The guy was tied up and had a pillow case over his head. I walked over to him and pulled it off his head. I realized it was the guy who had brought me the pictures of Jenae' and Naomi to my job.

"You the lil nigga he got following me around and watching our every moves huh?" I said grabbing a seat and sitting in front of him.

"Man I don't know nothing." He said nonchalantly.

I just chuckled. "How you don't know nothing when you his messenger?"

He stayed quiet. I dug in his pocket and took out his wallet and opened it. "The way I see it.. Mike Jacobs.. You only got two options. You tell me what I need to know, or you die. It's that simple." I said.

He just stared at me. "You think I'm bluffin?" I asked.

"I ain't scared of none of y'all." He spat looking around at me and my brothers.

"You should be." I said.

A phone began to ring. "Ay this his phone ringing." Jermaine said handing it to me.

It read "T.Henry". I answered it and put it on speaker phone.

"Ay where you at? I need you to watch Jenae'." The voice said.

I got filled up with so much rage. But I knew I had to keep my cool. I cleared my throat. "I'm sorry but he can't do that, see ya boy Mike a bit tied up right na." I said.

There was a quick moment of silence. "Well look who finally making moves. I was beginning to think you'd forgot about ya girl." He said.

"Nope, just letting you enjoy the little bit of time you have left to live." I said.

"Is that right now? Is that what you did for JoeJoe?" He asked. JoeJoe? The nigga that killed Lj?? That's his fucking brother? Is he serious?

"Oh yeah. After your JoeJoe killed my Lj I let him live just for a little while. Then of course we had to put a bullet in him." I said remembering that night. "Did y'all ever find his body I'm curious." I said.

"Nah, but no one will find Jenae's either." He said.

I got real quiet. "What's wrong? Cat got your tongue? Yeah see you fucked up falling in love cause I'm not gon just kill you, Ima let you miss the one you love most, then Ima kill you."

I was livid at this point. "Do you wanna speak to her? She's right here." He said.

"Dominic." She said with a shaky voice.

"Yeah it's me baby." I said my voice shaky too.

"He beats me." She said, it sounded like she was beginning to cry.

I hung my head down low. Tears about to come out of my eyes. "I'm so sorry baby. I'm coming to get you I promise, okay?" I said crying now.

"I love you." She said.

Before I could respond he took the phone away from her. "That was so touching really it was." He said.

"You putting your hands on her? I'ma kill you and lay your body next to your brothers." I said.

"I can't wait. How bout we gon head and settle this? I'm getting tired of yo bitch, she so aggressive. So come and try to rescue her.. If you can."

"Time and place." I said.

"Saturday. 3 o'clock. In WB. You know the spot."

"Bet." I said and then I hung up.

"He beating on her.." I said stroking my beard. The image of his fist connecting with her face keeps replaying over and over in my head.

"Dom. We gon get her man." Marcus said putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I know." I said still stroking my beard and nodding my head. Now my eyes were on Mike who was watching me carefully. "You be putting your hands on her too?" I asked still stroking my beard.

He just shook his head. "I've never laid a finger on her." He said.

I stood up from my seat and pulled my gun from my waist. "Ion believe you cuh." I said calmly.

"Dom mind is gone bruh." I heard one of my brothers whisper behind me. The thing is it was so true. I had no emotions right now. Nothing but emptiness. The place where Jenae' should be is just filled with nothing but chaos and destruction. The feelings I swore to keep put away can't be held back anymore.

"Please man, I--" I didn't let him finish as I put two bullets in his chest. I just watched him as his body became lifeless.

I turned around and my brothers were just staring at me. "Let's go. We done here." I said walking passed them and out the door to the truck.

***

The ride back to my place was silent pretty much. I walked into the house and Naomi was in the living room on the floor playing with some toys. She got happy as we walked through the door.

I picked her up and sat down with her on the couch next to my mom.

"Well what's going on?" My mom asked looking around at us.

"We know who got Jenae'." I said.

"Who?" She asked.

"Terrell Henry." Marcus said.

"Henry?.. Carol Henry youngest son? Wow."

"Dom talked to Jenae'.. She not doing too good." John said.

"He beating on her ma." I said getting pissed all over again.

"Ah baby." She said rubbing my back.

"I just want you to know. I'm gonna do all it takes to get her back.. Even if that means I don't come back." I said.

All heads turned towards me. "I don't wanna hear no arguments. I just want y'all to understand."

"Man we support you to the fullest but ain't no way in hell we letting you go in there alone. Never have we ever let you ride by yourself and we ain't fina start. We love Jenae' too."

"I don't care what happens, all of y'all are gonna come back. I'll go with you if I have to!" My mom said.

We all looked at her like 😐 "What? I can shoot a gun." She said.

"Um Ms. Nicole we got this, thanks." He said and we all laughed. That was the first time I'd laughed in a month.

48 hours from now, Jenae' will be back where she belongs. It's do or die for me. I have never been more ready to die than now. And it's all for the woman I love.