Chapter 87. The Awakening of Death

Start from the beginning

Greed: It seems that my plan had worked.

Suddenly, the six sinners arrived by Zephiel's side.

Zephiel: Ahh..free at last. How many millenniums has it been since I last felt my heart beat.

Pride: Lord Zephiel, it's an honor to finally meet the real you.

Zephiel: Ah, Pride was it? Heh, I remember you well. I remember all of you well. (Darkly) And of course, I remember my hatred, my anger at this world who turn their backs on us!! Well then, I guess it's time we pick off where we left off 3000 years ago!

Zephiel's aura burst and the ground began to break apart but just then, Sloth appeared out of nowhere and attacked Zephiel with his cursed weapon. Black flames burst around them and Sloth quickly jumps back in a defensive stance.

Sloth: Run Luciano! You'll be turned into ashes if you're scorched by the flames or even cut by his sword.

Luciano: But what about you?!

Sloth: (serious) Leave this to me. I was cursed by Zephiel, his powers won't work on me. While I'm buying you time, please escape from here and save Hime.

Luciano: Heh, I really misjudge you Little Sloth. Alright then, don't worry about granddaughter, I'll take care of her but you also have to make sure you survive.

With that, Luciano picked up Zelphi and ran down the endless stairs.

Zephiel: Where do you think you're going?

Zephiel shot a black fire ball towards Luciano, Sloth slashes it with his sword and extinguishes it.

Zelphiel: Sllloth, we meet again you traitor. If it weren't for you, I would've been awakened 20 years ago. Yet you just HAD to take pity on the ignorant little me. BUT, as a fellow sinner, the world also forsaken you as well. I may be willing to forgive you, so come with me, and we'll destroy the world together!

Sloth: No..this is wrong. Destruction is not the answer. It's not the world itself that's cruel, what's cruel is our fate.

Zephiel: Fate you say? Hehehehe, naive little Sloth, you sure say some interesting things. Well then, if fate's what brought us here today, then we are fated to destroy this world as well!

Zephiel then slowly walked towards Sloth, the ground turns into ashes with every step he takes. Sloth stood his ground and glared at Zephiel who was approaching him.

Zephiel: Sloth, I command thee, kneel!

A powerful shock shook the air and Sloth dropped to the ground by force.

Sloth: (shocked) !!!

Zephiel: Hehehe, you should see the expression you're making Sloth. You're shock, aren't you? Well let me tell you this, you cannot disobey me Sloth. You sold your soul to me and became one of my sins. I am your master now, I am your law. So let.me.see...what shall I do with you? Killing you is easy, but, you still have your uses as the "Sinner of Sloth".

..................................Luciano perspective..................................

While carrying granddaughter, I swept through the crowd of artificial demons and lop off their heads using my scythe. This is bad, granddaughter doesn't seem to be responding when I call for her. It's as if she's really dead. Ugh, if I knew that was the last time I talk with her, then I...I shouldn't've yelled at her back then. Damn, I'm really regretting it now, I didn't even get a chance to apologize.