Voiceless • Chapter Five

Start from the beginning

   Jay’s eyes widened, and smiled. “Then let’s play.”

One hour later, Jay and I have been playing Tekken, our score 2 and 7, with Jay taking the lead. I’ve been ruffling my hands on my face every time I lose. But even though Jay changes characters, he still wins. I won twice when I used Lily, but I guess you can never become lucky all the time.

   I squeezed my hand on my head once I lost for the eighth time, which made Jay laugh. “Haha! You lose.”

   I narrowed my eyes at Jay, but he just raised his hands in innocence. “Hey, I’m just playing here.”

   You’re lucky I own a Nintendo Wii than Xbox. I wrote on my notebook. Jay raised his eyes and said, “What? Do you want to play Wii instead?” I bit my lip, and looked at the wall clock hanging on the wall above Jay’s television, and I shook my head. No time. Trisha’s going to worry if we don’t leave.

   Jay pursed his lips and shrugged. “Fine. I’m going to turn the T.V. off.”

   I smiled as I watched Jay turn every important thing off: The air conditioner, the television, the Xbox, everything. And I couldn’t help but smile wider when I watch him raise his eyeglasses time to time. I always find my lips curling upwards whenever he raises his eyeglasses. He’s not perfect, yes. He’s really nerdy, but that doesn’t bother me.

   He’s actually kind of cute.

    “So…” Trisha’s voice made me raise my head upwards. I found her standing beside the door, smiling curiously at me. “What happened?”

   I slowly shook my head at her with squinted eyes. I have no idea what she was talking about.

   “You know what I’m talking about, Ivey!” She exclaimed. “What happened in Jay’s house?”

   It took me three seconds before I realized what she really meant, and my eyes widened. I immediately waved my hands in front of her, frantically telling her “Nothing!”.

   “Oh really?” She raised an eyebrow at me and took three steps forward. “Tell the truth.”

   I scowled at her and took my notebook and pen beside me: Is THAT the reason why you let me go with him?

   “Well, not really.” She said honestly. “I see no wrong of letting you go alone with him in his house. But I thought you two… well… I don’t know.” I saw my older sister fidget and I frowned. She’s always too giddy when it comes to romance that she acts too immature when she hears anything related to love.

   What does she actually learn in her school?

   I shook my head in disbelief. Sometimes, I even wonder who acts like a mature person between the both of us.

   I looked at my sister, and she raised her hands in defense. “Okay, okay, I’ll leave now.” She said, then stopped when she turned her heel. Her head twisted and faced me. “Hey, did you ask him if he’ll come to the party tomorrow?”

   Oh fudge.

   “I knew it.” My older sister sighed, reading the expression on my face. I hunched my shoulders and covered my face. Now I really have to go to that party alone. But if luck really loves me, maybe Trisha won’t bring Beck and enjoy the night with me. The party will last from seven to ten p.m., anyway. Trisha can survive three hours with me, can’t she?

   Mentally groaning, I watched as my sister walked away from my room, her existence fading my vision. I heard her footsteps run downstairs, and the next thing I knew, I was alone again.

   I looked at my closet, and wondered what I will wear tomorrow.

   Oh, well. Trisha can pick a good dress for me herself, anyway.

***

I hope you guys liked this chapter... Although I myself wasn't very happy writing this because it didn't seem so interesting when I was still writing it... :/

But anyway, I've been reading comments about many, many questions on "Why doesn't Ivey _____" or "Shouldn't she ______?" But please be patient. I can't show EVERYTHING to you guys in just the start of the chapters! Of course I need to slow everything down... Please be patient guys. Everything will be explained in the future chapters, I promise.

I mean, "All good things to those who wait", right? ;)

Vote/Comment/Fan :)

Hugs,
Renma <3