178.

A couple days have passed and Karlie is on her way to meet Sarah for dinner.

"Hey, Karlie. You look so good." Sarah said as she pulled the model in for a hug.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." Karlie replied.

The two made small talk before they began discussing Karlie's schedule.

"So I booked three big shoots for you, starting the week after Thanksgiving. You'll be flying to London for a week and then heading straight to Spain for a week. After that you'll be back in NY for a week. You then have two weeks off for Christmas and New Years. Although, there is a VS New Years party, you should attend, which will be held in NYC. After that, you'll be back on the road again for at least a solid month with a couple of days off throughout. I know it sounds like an aggressive schedule and it pretty much is but the industry is excited to get you back and you're really in high demand."

"Yeah...wow...I didn't realize how intense my schedule would be as soon as I went back."
Taylor is going to freak out over this.

"I'm sorry about that Kar. I know it may seem like a lot. Karlie, there's one more thing. Toni Garrn is coming back to VS. I just found this out two days ago. I know there's history there and I wanted you to hear it from me first before you just walk right in to her. For the most part, I'll do my best to have her not be in any of your shoots, but there's only so much I can do."

"This is ridiculous. Do you know her schedule? My wife is going to have a fucking fit."

"Kar, I don't have her schedule yet, but I'm working on it. I'll let you know as soon as I do."

Karlie tried to enjoy the rest of her dinner with Sarah but her mind was preoccupied. She knew Taylor would freak out over knowing that Toni was coming to VS again. She didn't want to stress her wife out but at the same time, she didn't want to keep it from her either. It was 10pm when she finally got home but Taylor wasn't there.

Group should have been over two hours ago, so she called her wife.

"Hey Kar."

"Babe, where are you? I just got home."

"I decided to go out for a bite to eat. I figured you'd be out a while with Sarah."

"Oh, ok. Who are you with Selena?"

"No. Tina and I grabbed a sandwich at the diner down the street from the building our class is in."

"Oh. Is Scott and Marie there too?"

"No. Scott had his kids at the house and needed to get back and Marie is out of town with her husband. I'll be home in about 45 minutes."

"Mmmhmm." Karlie replied. "I'll see you when you get here."

A little over an hour later, Taylor walks in all bubbly and chipper as she makes her way upstairs to find her wife sitting up in bed, head tilted against headboard and sound asleep. On her chest is an open parenting book. Taylor stood there, in love with this sight, knowing that Karlie is going to make an amazing parent.

She took a shower and put on her pajamas before getting into bed. She removed the book and whispered in Karlie's ear, "Baby, lay down."

Karlie twitched slightly, as she turned her head and opened her eyes. "What time is it?"

"Almost midnight."