16.

Andrea led Karlie to her terrace, off of the master bedroom. There were two oversized chairs with a small table that sat between them.

Andrea motioned for the model to sit down.

"This view is amazing," Karlie said.

"Thank you dear. You can see the most beautiful sunset from up here. This is where I like to come to clear my mind or just gather my thoughts. It's very peaceful."

The two took a moment to take in the beauty that surrounded them. Andrea looked over at Karlie and saw that she was in deep thought.

"Tell me Karlie, what's on your mind."

The model was reluctant to say much because she didn't know Andrea or how she would react to her thoughts. She remembered Taylor once telling her that her mom and management team wouldn't allow her to 'come out' and that her mom had a lot to do with driving someone away that Taylor loved deeply. "It must have been Dianna she was referring to," Karlie thought to herself. Karlie didn't want Taylor to give her details about the relationship she was referring to because it would constantly be in the back of the models mind.

"I-i.." After a long pause, the model mustered up the nerve to ask, "Who did you drive away out of Taylor's life?"

Andrea took a deep breath,"Well...it was Dianna."

The model felt a tear beginning to run down her cheek. She dreaded to hear that name. It was a name that she learned to hate because it was the name that still meant so much to Taylor. So much, that she had done the unthinkable.

"Karlie. Let me explain. I grew up during a time when being a homosexual wasn't accepted. My  parents would have died if they thought one of their kids were gay. Because of their beliefs, I became an adult, sharing the same opinions as my parents. When I met Scott, I was sure I met the love of my life. It was the first time that I have experienced butterflies in my stomach when he walked in a room or held my hand. I had never experienced that kind of love before until the day my Taylor was brought into the world."

A smile grew across the models face as she saw Andrea's eyes brighten at the sound of hearing her say Taylor's name.

"When my daughter was born, I experienced a whole new kind of love. It was a love that could never be replaced. She was my heart and soul and I would do everything in life to protect her. I love both of my children but there's something about my little girl. We have a bond that I hope will never be broken. My baby grew up being tormented by kids at school. She had no friends and she lost herself in the only thing that never disappointed her, her music. She worked so hard Karlie, so hard. She would wake up in the middle of the night with words scrambling around in her head and within minutes, a song was created. She had gift. It was a gift of words. She was able to express herself in a way that was so genuine and pure. I saw that passion in her eyes and when she asked me if we could move to Nashville, I knew we had to."

Andrea sat back for a moment, with a smile on her face as if she was reminiscing about something that meant so much to her. She looked over at me and continued.

"I love my daughter and when she landed a record deal, I knew her life would change forever. I knew that she had so much in her to share with the world and I knew that once the world heard what she had to say, they too would find a love in her that they never knew they needed. I'm protective of her because she's my life. I don't know what I would do without her." Tears began to fall from her eyes, but a smile remained on her face. "With fame comes a wealth of things that you never expect. There were "friends" that she made that were only there for a short time because once they got what they wanted, they left. Then came the boys, oh my the boys." Both women shared a chuckle. "The boys lined up just waiting to have the opportunity to date my baby. But there was something that I had noticed. I realized that Taylor never had too much of an interest in them. Yes she went on dates, but they never seemed to be exciting. When she met Dianna, I noticed a light in her eyes. When she spoke of her new friend to me, she glowed. There was a sense of protection, like Taylor just wanted to keep her in a bubble so harm could never come her way."