151.

Two days passed since the first injection and today Taylor is ready for her next shot. The doctor wasn't joking about those mood swings. Karlie was convinced she was married to the devil. Taylor was becoming demanding one minute and a ball of tears the next. She was having difficulty sleeping night two and was paranoid something was wrong. Karlie had been up all night with her, trying to calm her down before she finally fell asleep. Karlie woke up and looked over at her wife. She would normally lean over and kiss Taylor before leaving for her run, but not today. Karlie refused to poke the bear. She slowly slid off the bed, practically sliding down to the floor in hopes of not moving the mattress anymore than it needed to move. She just prayed Taylor didn't wake up.

Not getting much sleep herself, Karlie was still going on this run. It was more for the purpose of getting out of the house, than it was for exercise purposes.

She jogged to the trail and met up with Gwen.

"Hey you. I missed you yesterday. What happened?" Gwen asked.

"Sorry about that. Taylor couldn't sleep the night before and we were up pretty late. I just couldn't pull myself out of bed." Karlie responded.

"Is she ok?"

"Yeah." Karlie replied. "She just wasn't feeling well."

"Well, that's good to hear." Gwen said. "Maybe she's coming down with the flu. We should exchange numbers in case either of us can't make it in the morning."

"That's a good idea." Karlie pulled out her phone and created a contact for Gwen as Gwen did the same.

"Hey, smile for me. I like to place a picture for my contacts." Gwen said.

"Seriously?" Karlie replied.

"Oh, come on. I have a pic for all of my contacts."

"Fine." Karlie said.

As soon as the pic was taken and saved, they started their run. At one point, the trail splits. Neither of them ever went down the alternate side before, so they decided to today. As they ran, Karlie felt like they were getting way too far in the woods and thought it would be a good idea to go back.

"Come on." Gwen said. "I'm sure it'll open up ahead. Let's keep going."

They continued their run but Karlie saw no clearing in sight. Gwen decided to go off the trail and began to run through the trees.

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" Karlie shouted.

"FOLLOW ME." Gwen replied.

The two ran through the woods as fast as they could until Gwen began to see a clearing up ahead. When they got to the clearing, they found themselves at the top of a mountain, overlooking LA.

"This is beautiful." Gwen said as she sat down on the hill to drink some water.

Karlie sat down beside her to catch her breath and drink some water as well. "It is nice up here. It's really peaceful. It reminds me of this hill back in St. Louis I run all the time when I'm home. It's so relaxing just to sit up high and watch the city below."

"Home?" Gwen replied. "You're not from LA?"

"No. I'm from St. Louis and then moved to NY to pursue a modeling career. That's where I primarily live."

"So what are you doing in LA?" Gwen asked.

"Taylor and I have a house out here. We just recently got married returned from our honeymoon. Since I still have time off before going back to work, I figured it would be nice to enjoy the nice weather of LA before heading back to the freezing cold."

"I don't blame you."

"So, where are you from?" Karlie asked.

"I'm from Northern California. I moved to LA when I attended college and decided to stay."

The two girls talked for what seemed like only a few minutes but it was actually an hour. Karlie looked at her watch and saw it was 11:30am.

"OH SHIT. I GOTTA GO."

"What's the rush?" Gwen asked.

"I have to get home. I have an appointment." Karlie replied.

Karlie started to run like crazy through the woods, unsure of exactly where she was.

"WAIT UP. I'LL DRIVE YOU HOME."

The two ran as fast as they could, searching for the fork in the trail that would lead them home.

"FUCK. WHERE IS IT?" Karlie yelled in frustration.

"It's got to be up ahead. We'll find it."

They continued running for what felt like hours until Karlie fell from pure exhaustion."

"Kar, you ok?"

"Yeah. I'll be alright. I didn't get much sleep last night and this run is kicking my ass."

Karlie attempted to get up but Gwen held her down.

"You need to rest a minute. Give your legs a break."

"Gwen, you don't understand, I have to go NOW."

Karlie got up and continued running until she finally saw the fork in the trail. She ran as fast as she could until reaching the car. When she looked at her watch, it was 11:50am.

Oh my God, Taylor is going to fucking kill me.

"Please drive fast, Gwen."

Ten minutes later, Karlie arrived home and leaped out of the car and bursted through her front door. She ran up the stairs as quickly as she could and found Selena placing a bandaid on Taylor's stomach.
Taylor gave her the look of death and disappointment.

"Babe, I'm so sorry. I went for a run and took a different trail and got lost. I am so sorry Taylor."

"I'm gonna go now." Selena said as she kissed Taylor's cheek and then smiled at Karlie as she walked by her.

"Tay, say something, please." Karlie said.

"YOU HAD ONE FUCKING JOB. WE AGREED THAT YOU WOULD INJECT ME BECAUSE I WAS TOO AFRAID TO DO IT MYSELF. AND WHERE WERE YOU??? GETTING FUCKING LOST IN THE WOODS WITH....GWEN!!!"

Taylor began descending down the stairs as Karlie followed. She stopped halfway down and turned to her wife and said, "And don't you DARE get pissed that Selena was here. At least I can count on her."

Karlie sat down on the step and watched her wife continue down the stairs. She knew there was no sense in talking to Taylor right now. The hormones have definitely taken over. She went back to shower before coming down the stairs and seeing Taylor on the couch. Karlie sat next to her but no sooner did she sit, Taylor hopped up and sat in a chair across the other side of the living room.

"Tay, I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say. I didn't mean to be late. It was truly an accident."

Karlie got up and knelt beside Taylor and placed her hand on her wife's knee.

"Babe, please. I'm really sorry. It'll never happen again."

"Kar, just leave me alone. I don't feel like talking."

Karlie got up and went into the kitchen to fix herself something to eat. She was so tired emotionally and physically and was hurt that Taylor wouldn't speak to her. She looked down at her freshly poured bowl of cereal, picked it up and dumped it down the sink. She then stormed up to bed and got under the covers. Before passing out, she called Selena.

"Hey Sel. I'm sure you already know, Taylor isn't talking to me. Since you know everything we're doing, would you mind checking in on her please? You can come over as much as you want. Her emotions are all over the place and since you and I are the only two that knows what's going on, and she's not talking to me, I need her to have someone to vent to. I'm sorry if this puts you in an awkward situation, but it would mean a lot to me."

"Karlie, that's fine. I'll invite her out to dinner tonight, to get her out of the house. Maybe she'll go easier on you."

"Thanks Selena."