94.

The next morning Taylor was the first to wake up and just laid on her side watching Karlie sleep. Periodically the models nose would twitch causing the singer to giggle. Taylor took her finger and traced the outline of Karlie's face, starting with the top of her nose and gliding her finger down to the models lips. She traced the top one gently, making her way to the bottom one, when suddenly Karlie opened her mouth and bit her.

"OUCH!!" Taylor yelled as the model began to laugh.

"I didn't bite you THAT hard baby. Come here, I'll kiss it." Karlie grabbed the singers finger and kissed it gently. "How long have you been up?"

"About thirty minutes. I was watching you sleep."

"Stalker."

"Karlie, don't call me that. I'm not a stalker."

Karlie wrapped her long arms around the singer, pulling her close as she kissed the top of her head.

"Kar, can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Well......do you worry that I'll do something stupid when you're not with me?" Taylor's heart began to race just waiting for Karlie's response.

"Taylor, listen to me. I won't lie to you. So please don't get mad. Honestly? I mean, it has crossed my mind that if you're tempted, then maybe something would happen. But when I decided to give us another chance, I realized that I can't dwell on the past and I can't worry about the 'what ifs'. I need to be able to trust you. And that's what I'm doing. The other night I told you that you possess my heart. I wasn't lying. That was the truth. I'm giving you all that I have. And I'm trusting that you know what to do with it."

"Is your mom right? Are you happy I'm retiring so that you can watch me?"

Karlie tilted Taylor's chin up, so she could look into her eyes. "I'm happy that you're retiring because you'll get to travel with me and we can see the world together. Not because I have to watch you. I love spending time with you. I miss you when you're gone. You're my best friend."

"What else babe, lay it on me. What other questions do you want answers to, so we can clear up any unnecessary thoughts?"

"Ummm, nothing I'm good Kar."

"You're lying to me, Taylor. Just talk to me."

"Karlie, did you....did you..."

"Babe, did I what?"

"Karlie, please don't be angry with me, but I have to know. Did you have sex with Paige?"

Taylor's body began to tremble as she waited for a response. She could feel Karlie's breathing become a little more rapid.

Karlie sat up and ran her fingers through her hair. She wasn't angry that Taylor had asked her the question, she just didn't know how to answer it. Does she give a single word answer or offer an explanation?

"No.I didn't have sex with her."

"That was a pretty long delay for a 'No', Kar. Taylor adjusted herself so that she was also sitting up and slightly turned to face the model. Are you sure nothing happened?

"Taylor, you and me were all over the place. I didn't even think we would get back together. I mean, I wanted to but, I just didn't see it happening."

Taylor's eyes began to tear up. She feels as though a confession is about to happen and she doesn't know if she can handle it.

"I didn't have sex with Paige. But....."

"But what Karlie?"

"But I wanted to."

Breathe Taylor, just remember to keep breathing.- Taylor said to herself as she stared blankly at the ceiling trying to hold the tears in.

"Then why didn't you? Did she not want to?"

"Taylor, do we have to talk about this? I'm here, in bed, with YOU. If I wanted Paige, I could of had her but I wanted YOU and that's why I stopped her. Because I couldn't do it. I wanted to have sex with her because, I don't know, I just wanted to. It was pure lust. There were no feelings involved. But I couldn't do it."

"Did you kiss her?"

"No Taylor, I didn't kiss her."

Karlie pushed the singer on her back and straddled her hips as she gripped both of Taylor's wrists and held them above her head.

"Taylor look at me. BABY, LOOK AT ME. I love you and only you. I'm marrying you, not Paige or any other girl for that matter. My heart belongs to you. I told you the truth because I wanted to be honest with you. No secrets, no lies...just pure honesty. I sit here and wonder sometimes if you'll ever understand just how much of me belongs to you. We are about to start a whole new life together as one. I think about this amazing, beautiful, thoughtful, most giving, blue eyed girl with the softest skin and the reddest lips, every second of every day. That's you Taylor. I'm in love with YOU."

Karlie released Taylor's wrists and laid completely flat against the singers body, lifting only her head. "I don't know what else to say to you or how else to prove my love for you. I hate the fact that you're insecure because there's no reason to be. I'm not any of your ex's. I'm not someone who used you or betrayed you. I'm just a girl from St. Louis who is madly in love with you. I don't want your fame or your money. I just want to be with you forever and protect you. I don't need you to be the perfect one...I just need you to make me feel like I'm the only one. I just want you to love me."

Taylor cupped the models face and looked deep into her eyes as she said, "I do love you Karlie. I love you so very much."

The two shared a kiss that was like no other kiss they ever shared before. It had a feeling of innocence, like kissing your first school crush. Being afraid at first, but that fear slowly fading as you realize they're just as afraid as you are.  This kiss was a symbol of a new beginning. It wiped away the insecurities and the uncertainties. There was no more hurt or anger from previous heartbreaks. Everything felt new and refreshed it could only be described as being, clean.