70.

"Awwww, do we have to leave Karlie? Two weeks in Mexico just isn't enough." Tracy said.

"Hahaha, I love you mom. You're a trip."

The last two weeks have been the complete opposite  of the last two months. Something happened that night on the beach, when Tracy and Karlie released their fears. There's been a more calming presence. Karlie is smiling and happy. Tracy has never enjoyed her daughter as much as she has in the last two weeks. Karlie will never know how much she has done for her. This has been the perfect ending to a rocky beginning.

The model has been committed to continuing each session with Miss Simpson. The therapist is aware of all of Karlie's previous fears from the death of her dad, to the encounter with the therapist. She is also aware of  the intimate ceremony of the balloon release that Karlie and her mom shared. Since that night, Karlie has really opened up about wanting to know more about her dad and Tracy couldn't be happier in telling her whatever she wants to know.

"Mom, can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"Do you think it's ok to see Taylor now? I mean, I know I'm not cured but now I at least know why I've acted out in the way that I have."

"Well, what has Miss Simpson said?"

"When I asked her, she didn't say no, like she usually does. But she didn't say yes either. She told me to do what I feel is best."

"And what exactly do you feel is best Karlie?"

"I miss her mom. Her birthday is in a couple of days and I haven't seen her in months. I want her back."

"Karlie, I think you already made up your mind. You follow your heart and I'll support any decision you make. You're off for another week, right?"

"Yes"

"Well, then make it the best week of your life. I just want you to promise me one thing?"

"What's that?"

"If you both decide to reconcile, continue with the counseling. Not forever, but until you both feel that you're ready to do it on your own."

"I promise mom."

"Ok Miss Karlie Kloss, we have a plane to catch. New York City here we come!!"

---------

Back in NY, Taylor has her childhood friend Abigail over her house, planning her birthday party.

"Come on Taylor, I need your help. What kind of decorations do you want?"

"I don't care."

"Well, what kind of cake do you want?"

"I don't care."

"Is every question going to be answered with 'I don't care'?"

"Abby, I really don't care. I don't want a party. I don't want to go out. I don't want to see anyone. I don't even want to go on tour in three months. I just don't care about anything anymore. I'm sorry if you don't understand that but I'm miserable. I miss Karlie and no one can help me. Not you, Selena, Austin, my parents, the therapist...no one. "

"I'm sorry Taylor. I guess I wasn't thinking. I wish I could make things better. You deserve to be happy. I hope you find happiness one day. Even if it's not with Karlie."

"Get out." Taylor said.

"Tay, what?"

"I said GET OUT. Just get out. Leave me alone."

"Ok. I'll get my things and be out of here in a few minutes." Abigail said as she she turned around and headed up the stairs.

Abigail headed out into the streets of NYC, not knowing anyone. She got herself a room at the hotel down the street, where she called the only woman she knew who could get through to Taylor, Andrea.