66.

A few days had passed and Karlie was really excited about her recent purchase. She had been taking a ride, everyday, just to look at it.

"So, what are your plans for the property?" Tracy asked.

"I'm meeting with a contractor today actually. I want to build a house on it. It'll be nice to have somewhere to go, to escape from it all."

"Kar, let's go sit outside to have our coffee. It's a little chilly, but it's a beautiful day."

They made their way to the porch, and took a seat, just looking around and taking it all in.

"Karlie, I want to talk to you about something."

"Sure mom."

Tracy wasn't sure how Karlie was going to react, but she had to get this off her chest.

"Karlie, I love you more than anything in this world. And I'm worried about you. Before you say anything, just hear me out. I worry about you all the time. I worry that you're not eating enough or sleeping enough. I worry that you don't take enough time for yourself or that you bottle everything up inside, that it becomes too much. I want you to continue therapy with Miss Simpson."

Karlie's body began to tense up as she stared straight ahead, not even attempting to look at her mom.

"I want you to talk to someone because a lot has gone on and I need to make sure that you're ok."

"I'm fine mom. Stop worrying."

"It's my job to worry." Tracy began to cry, as Karlie looked over and grabbed her hand, causing her to cry that much more to the touch of her daughter. "I just hate to see you like this. My once vibrant daughter, walks around in a daze all day. You're here physically but your mind is always a million miles away."

"I can hear you at night, tossing and turning. I walked in one night and gently touched your shoulder, so lightly that you wouldn't feel my touch because I knew you'd jump. I can't take the pain away and you keep saying you're fine, but you're not and I just want you to get well. I want my daughter back."

Tracy held her face in the palm of her hands as she sobbed. Karlie rubbed her arm, but wouldn't hug her. She just sat there, watching how distraught her mother was and how she was to blame.

"Mom, you need to stop worrying. I'm sorry, but I'm not calling Miss Simpson."

Karlie got up and walked back in the house to go shower.

Two hours later, she's at her newly purchased property, meeting a contractor.

"Hello Miss Kloss. I'm Andy."

"Nice to meet you Andy, call me Karlie."

"Ok. So, Karlie, basically how this works is you tell me your vision. I'll send out a surveyor, to mark the exact points of the property line. We'll also check for water and electricity hook ups. Once you tell me what you want, we can either search different model homes to see if we can find something already fabricated, which will be cheaper. Or, you can opt to build your perfect home from the ground up."

"I'm planning on building my dream home from the ground up. This is my vision. I want a three story log cabin home. The first level will be a huge kitchen, a half bath, dining room and a huge living room with a fireplace. There will also need to be a good size pantry off of the kitchen. On the second level I want three large bedrooms. They need to be big enough to fit a California King size bed and possibly have a little sitting area with a couple chairs or a love seat. I also want two full bathrooms on that floor and each room has to have a substantial closet. The third level would be mine. I want half of the floor to be just the master bedroom and it needs to include a fireplace. I want the fireplace to be on the wall with the bathroom and I want to be able to see through the fireplace, into the bathroom looking at the bathtub. I saw that on a home improvement show and it looked really cool."