138.

"It's time for your treatment, Karlie." Michael said. "You'll be fine. Just believe."

"Believe in what Michael?" Karlie asked.

"I'm getting a little sleepy now." Michael said as he leaned forward and grabbed her hand and said, "We all have a purpose Karlie, you just need to figure out what yours is. I love you."

Michael laid back against his pillow and closed his eyes as a smile lingered on her face. Karlie and Taylor stood in silence for a moment before leaving the room. They made their way to the other side of the hospital, as Karlie was taken into a room and placed on a bed. A nurse came in first and drew some blood before the technician came in and marked the spot on her stomach that would be receiving the radiation.

"Hey, Tay, where's Karlie?" Cara asked as she just arrived.

"She's in the room getting ready for her treatment." Taylor replied.

"We can't go in there?"

"No. We need to wait out here." Taylor said.

"Well, that sucks. Hope they get the show on the road. I want to finish watching our series today." Cara replied.

"Why are you even here? She's not getting a flu shot, she's having cancer treatment. It's not a fucking joke." Taylor was extremely angry at Cara's insensitive attitude.

"Calm down Taylor. I didn't mean anything by that. I'm sorry if I upset you, I know it's not a joke."

Taylor began to walk away from the model as she waited patiently for an update about Karlie.

After waiting for almost an hour, Taylor began to worry about what was taking so long. She happened to see Dr. Lucas talking to the radiation technician and two nurses. He glanced over at Taylor and excused himself from the group as he made his was over to her.

"Is something wrong doctor?" Taylor asked.

"I'm waiting on Dr. Mabry to get here. I'll be in to talk to you both momentarily. You can go inside and wait with Karlie." He replied.

Cara attempted to also walk in the room but Taylor told her she needed to wait in the waiting room.

"Hey baby, you ok?" Taylor asked as she leaned down and kissed Karlie's forehead.

"I'm just nervous. What's taking so long?"

"I'm not sure but Dr. Lucas told me to wait with you and he would be in once Dr. Mabry gets here. Don't worry babe, I'm sure everything is fine." Taylor said.

"Did Cara get here? Or did she blow me off?" Karlie asked with a chuckle.

"Yeah, she's here. I told her to wait out there."

"TAYLOR, that's mean. She can come in." Karlie replied.

"She's fine where she is, besides, we have no idea what the doctor wants to talk to us about. It's none of her business right now."

"Taylor, what's wrong with you?"

"Nothing is wrong with me. I just don't understand why she needs to be here." Taylor replied.