154.

The next day, Karlie woke up early to go for her daily run. She kissed her sleeping beauty goodbye being careful not to wake her. Her run was a good one. She thought about the night she and Taylor had and how it really felt like they were getting back to that good place again. She was excited to be seeing her love in a couple of hours, especially since today was injection day. She was definitely going to be the one giving the shot today.

Two hours later, Karlie arrived home and went to take a shower, seeing Taylor still asleep in bed. The model took her time, knowing she still had an hour before needing to give Taylor her shot. As she shampooed her hair, she felt two long arms wrap around her, causing a smile to form from ear to ear.

"Guess who."

"Ummmm, would this happen to be my incredibly gorgeous wife?"

"Well, I am your wife but I don't know about everything else."

Karlie turned around and bent down to kiss her number one girl. "Stop being so modest. You are beyond incredibly gorgeous and I'm lucky enough to wake up next to you every day. So, what did I do to earn this surprise?"

"You don't have to do anything. You being you is enough for me to want to be around you all the time. Plus, I missed you. I don't like waking up and you not being there."

"Tay, how did we ever manage when I was away on a shoot or you were on tour?"

"I don't even remember. It feels like it was so long ago. All I know is that I hate not being with you now."

"I know babe. But you need to prepare yourself, we both do, for when I got back to work."

Suddenly, Taylor's happy disposition turned sour."Why do you keep bringing that up? Do you not want me to travel with you and you just don't know how to tell me?"

"Taylor. No, not at all. I'm just saying that I'm sure there will come a time when you can't be there for whatever reason, that's all. Stop being silly. You know I want you everywhere I go."

"I hate when you call me silly. I'm reacting to the stuff you're saying but somehow, I'm the 'silly' one."

"OH MY GOD." Karlie said, as she grabbed Taylor's face and pressed their lips together. She could feel her wife's body tense up but soon Taylor's shoulders relaxed as she kissed the model back. Karlie pulled Taylor's hair, causing her head to lean back as she aggressively licked and sucked the singers neck.

"Kar..stop.... I don't want to".

Karlie continued to kiss her and began to explore Taylor's body with her hands.

"Kar.. I mean it. Stop."

Karlie stopped and rested her head against the shower wall, letting out a sigh of frustration.

Taylor got out of the shower and dried off as Karlie continued to let the water cover her body. In this moment the model felt as if there was nothing she could do to make her wife happy. She soon turned the water off and stepped out of the shower to dry off.  Walking into their bedroom, she saw Taylor getting dressed, as her back was to the model. Karlie wanted to reach out to her and say something, but the words wouldn't come out.

Taylor grabbed the syringe and an alcohol pad as she walked over to Karlie who was sitting on the edge of the bed, rubbing a towel against her wet hair.

"Can you do this please?" Taylor asked.

"Yeah." Karlie replied.

Karlie remembered exactly how Dr. Parker did it the first time. She squeezed a piece of belly fat and broke the skin as the needle pierced through. It was quick and painless for the most part. Taylor walked away and grabbed a bandaid to apply. The moment they just shared wasn't nearly as romantic as Taylor had tried to make it seem it would be the day before. There was no 'connection.' It was just two people following the motions of something they had to do. Karlie couldn't wait for the shots to be over so everything would go back to normal. She didn't know how to deal with Taylor anymore and she had no one to talk about any of this, except Selena, but she was Taylor's friend and that would make things that much more awkward if she turned to her as well.

Taylor laid on the bed as Karlie went downstairs.

Karlie sat at the kitchen table, not knowing what to do anymore. She didn't want to be there but she knew if she left the house, Taylor would be pissed. If she went back upstairs and laid next to her wife. Taylor would be pissed. She decided to go back upstairs and grab a bag with a purchase she made from the mall the previous day and headed to their office. Taylor didn't even glance her way when she walked in. Karlie really began to feel that maybe her wife just wasn't attracted to her anymore. As much as she wanted to believe this was just the effects of the hormones, a small part of her felt otherwise.

She opened the bag and pulled out a scrap book with a bunch of decorations and stickers with cute sayings to cover it with. They had taken so many pictures from all the trips they had been on together that she decided to print them out and make a really awesome piece that would let Taylor see how much they used to love to spend time together.

Hours had passed as she scrolled through the computer, capturing some of the best pictures. There were moments when she would just begin to cry as she looked at pictures of her wife with such a bright smile on her face. The thing about their pictures was that each one told a story. She could remember exactly what led up to the picture being taken and how she felt in that moment. Most of the feelings she felt were the same. She was with the love of her life and that was all that mattered.

A short time later, the book was complete. She was really happy with how it turned out and couldn't wait to show Taylor. She ran up the stairs and entered the bedroom to find Taylor propped up against the headboard, reading a book.

"Hey, can I show you something ?" Karlie asked.

"Yeah, sure." Taylor replied with little to no enthusiasm.

Karlie sat on the bed and placed the scrapbook on Taylor's lap. She had such a huge smile on her face, as she waited patiently for Taylor to turn page by page and remember all these great times they shared. Instead, she just criticized every aspect it.

"I look horrible in that picture? Why did you choose that one? There's way too many pictures of us in the treehouse. I mean, all we ever did was primarily have sex there. Why not just make this into a sex book? Oh this picture is cute. I love that you included the cats in it, even though Meredith always looks pissed. Why would you add construction pictures of our house in St. Louis? If you have a lot of those pictures, taking the house through the different phases of completeness, then it should be in its own book. Other than that it's cute."

Taylor gave a half ass smile as she pushed the scrapbook off of her lap, onto the bed.

Karlie didn't even know what to say right now. To say she was hurt would be an understatement. She simply got up and began to walk out of the room.

"Kar?"

The model turned around with a little hope that her wife would say something positive.

"What is it Tay?"

"You forgot your book."