124.

Karlie was taken in for surgery as Taylor made her way back to the waiting room. The moment she turned the corner and faced her family, she placed her hands over her face and began to cry hysterically. Andrea rushed over and embraced her as the rest of them followed. The singer had been so strong over the last several days but now, everything really started to hit home. Her body was trembling and her knees felt weak as her legs collapsed beneath her. Scott lifted his daughters limp body that was barely being held up by Andrea.

"Taylor. I'm going to take you home. You need to rest." Scott said.

"NO. I'm not going anywhere, dad."

Scott grabbed her shoulders and looked into her tear filled eyes. "Taylor, she's going to be ok but there's nothing you can do right now. It's going to be a couple of hours."

"Dad, I said... I-AM-NOT-GOING."

Taylor sat down in the corner of the room by herself, as she rocked back and forth, clutching the sweatshirt that Karlie was wearing moments ago.

Scott and Andrea went to the cafeteria to get some coffee's, as Karlie's sisters followed. Tracy made her way over to Taylor and sat beside her.

"When she was nine years old, she was playing in the backyard as I watched from the kitchen window washing dishes. We had this tree in the backyard that had a lot of limbs and a few were somewhat low on the trunk. Everyday, Karlie would try to climb that tree and I'd yell at her." Tracy said with a chuckle. "I was so afraid she'd hurt herself. But being her stubborn self, she'd would keep trying. One day, I looked out and saw her swinging from a branch. I nearly died as I ran outside to yell at her. My hysteria caused her to fall, landing on her arm. She cried and cried as I panicked. I rushed her to the hospital, thinking her arm was broken, but it wasn't. Just a pretty severe sprain. When we got home, I put her in bed to rest but before I left, she grabbed my arm. I looked into her big green eyes as she said, "Mom, I told you I could reach that branch. You just needed to trust me."

Tracy began to laugh.

"After all of that, she was just so damn proud of just being able to reach that branch. That's my Karlie. She's so stubborn but when she puts her mind to something, she'll do it. I just needed to trust her that day and I didn't. I was just so afraid she'd hurt herself. As a mom, you never stop worrying I guess. She's tough ya know. She's going to get through this because she's so determined. She has so much to live for and fight for because she has you. Karlie won't leave you Taylor. She will do everything in her power to fight this and she'll win. We just have to stay strong. I once saw a quote that said, 'Feed your Faith and your fears will starve to death.' "As hard as it is, today we need to fight our fears."

Tracy draped her arm over Taylor's shoulders, pulling her close and kissing her head. The singer had no words other than muttering thank you.

The rest of the family returned as they all took their seats and sat in silence. It felt as though hours had passed, but it's only been thirty minutes. People wearing scrubs walked through the hallway constantly. Each one made Taylor wonder if they were part of Karlie's team. These were the people that she had no choice but to trust right now, for anyone one of them could be responsible for Karlie's life.

---------

"Ok Karlie, I'm going to begin administering your anesthesia. I just want you to relax and tell me all about your wedding."

"It was beautiful, my bride looked like a fairy princess. I've never been so happy to be with Tayyyy..."

The anesthesia took over as Karlie fell into a deep sleep. The doctors moved her to the surgical table, where they exposed her abdomen and prepared for the first incision. The decision had been made to do the surgery through her abdomen, which would leave a scar across her bikini line.