8.

Taylor woke up the next morning to the sun shining extremely bright in her bedroom. She twisted her body and gave a huge stretch extending every limb. When she looked to her side, she noticed Karlie wasn't there.  "I wonder where she went", Taylor said to herself. She began to step out of bed, grabbing an oversize shirt that was lying on the floor and headed down to the kitchen.

"Karlie? You down here?" There was no response. When Taylor got to the kitchen, she noticed a note taped to the coffee machine.

"Good morning baby. Sorry that I had to leave, but I had a photo shoot this morning. I should be done around 4pm. Text me later. Xoxo -Karlie"

Taylor held the note to her chest, "I love her", she thought to herself.

Having finished her tour, Taylor was in relaxation mode. She took a nice long shower and proceeded to put on a fresh set of pajamas.

Sitting on the couch, wrapped in a blanket, she decided to send Karlie a text.

"Good morning sunshine. I miss you so much :("

Moments later she received a reply, "Hi sweetheart. Sorry I didn't get to see you this morning, but you looked so peaceful sleeping that I didn't want to disturb you. I miss you too."

Before Taylor could respond, another text from Karlie quickly came in.

"Guess what babe? I landed a photoshoot in London. I'll be there for about 3 weeks. I am so excited. We'll have to celebrate."

THREE WEEKS???  Taylor thought to herself as she sunk farther down on the couch.

The singer hesitated to respond, but ended up doing so. "Yeah, we'll have to celebrate. I'm gonna go now, see you tonight."

"Taylor? Is everything ok?"

Choosing to not respond to Karlie wasn't the norm; however, the singer didn't want to say something she didn't mean and ruin Karlie's excitement. She decided to leave her phone on the table and go upstairs to watch some tv in bed.

It was now 4:00 and Karlie just finished up. She grabbed her phone and called Taylor to let her know she was on her way over.

{{ring}} {{ring}} {{ring}} voicemail picks up.

"Hey babe, just wanted to let you know I'm leaving now.  I'm going to stop at my place and take a shower and then I'll be over. Miss you."

That's weird, Karlie says to herself. She always answers the phone.

Taylor went downstairs and picked up her phone, seeing that she had several missed calls and a voicemail. She listened to the message and decided to text Karlie back.

"Hey, not feeling well. Let's get together tomorrow. Talk to you later."

After getting out of the shower, Karlie notices the light on her phone flashing and sees that she had a text from Taylor. WTF is this about? This is so unlike her. She tried calling Taylor back, but again, no response.

Karlie makes her way to Taylor's apartment and is allowed through to the elevator by the singers security team. After several knocks on the door, it finally opens.

Karlie notices red puffy eyes staring back at her, this is like de ja vu, Karlie thinks to herself. She extends her arms and pulls Taylor in for a hug.

"Baby, what's the matter?"

Karlie is left with silence as she feels Taylor's arms tighten around her that much harder.

"Please talk to me. What happened? Did I do something wrong?"

Taylor pulled away from the embrace and walked over to the kitchen as Karlie followed behind her.

After a deep sigh, the singer turns to face Karlie.
"I know I should be so happy for you. Your modeling career is taking off and getting to go to London is a dream come true for anyone. You are so beautiful and this is just the beginning for the amount of doors that will open for you."

Taylor took a deep breath before continuing.

"It's just that, my tour is done now and I thought we would be able to spend time together. I know I'm being selfish, but I miss you when you're not around." Tears began to well up in the singers eyes. "What am I supposed to do without you for three weeks?"

Karlie gently smiled and pulled the blonde girl into an embrace. "Awww, baby. Come with me. You said yourself that you have free time now that the tour is over. So, you have no excuse, just come with me."

Taylor's eyes got really wide and a huge smile graced over her face, "Really?"

"Of course." Karlie said.

Slowly the wide smile began to turn into a frown.

"But Karls, I don't want to be clingy. I mean, there's going to be other photoshoots and tours and we won't always be able to be there for each other. Plus, what if you get sick of me?"

"NEVER!" Karlie exclaimed, throwing the back of her hand to her forehead in the most dramatic way imaginable.

"Stop it" Taylor said after gently hitting the models shoulder. "I'm being serious. I don't want the other models to think I'm some sort of pain in the ass who can't be away from you for more than a few hours."

Karlie threw her head back as she began laughing hysterically. "But you are a pain in the ass who can't be away from me for more than a few hours... But your MY pain in the ass." She leaned down and kissed Taylor's lips. With her sad puppy dog eyes and forced frown, she looked into the deep blue eyes in front of her and said, " Please baby. I want you to come with me. Pretty please."

Taylor was never able to refuse this face. She wrapped her arms around Karlie's neck and pulled her in as close as she could. "Ok sunshine."

"Alright babe, I'm going to my place to pack. You do the same. We leave tomorrow so I'll be back as soon as I'm done." Karlie claimed those lips one more time for a deep, passionate kiss before pulling away and heading out the door.

I love her so much, Taylor said to herself.