Shane Dawson and YouTubers

Okay so hey. I was watching some of Trisha Paytas's vlogs while making this picture. I really, really enjoy Trisha and I might make a rant on her soon tho bc she does some shlit I don't agree with. But Shane was in it and Shane Dawson is okay.

Like in 2012, he was literally on top of the world. He was like so funny and I watch those like all the time. Like Ask Shane's, Shane and Friends has me dead, yo. But then, his movies came along and he sold out.

Like hardcore selling tf out. He stopped all the things that made him funny or great and stopped working with people that added to hilarity. Since I also watch Shanna Malcolm (the big boobed black girl that used to be in all his videos), I can't help but feel a bit bad for her. Like Shane totally abandoned her bc her jokes and gimmick were getting stale in his opinion. Like seriously, have you seen them in a video together since the black face one? And while we are on this subject of black face, wtf was that?

Something that kinda is an eye roll for me is when YouTubers put on this whole "I'm a sassy black woman" thing where they use slang, talk in this uneducated sounding accent and are like "Mhmmm Hmmmmm."

I'm like "Hahahahahahahahhahahahaha so funny😒." And Shane is über guilty of that. Like omg stop. I kinda think he's racist, especially with everything he's said and done about black people and other stereotypes. And I'm not a SJW and my twat doesn't twist up when people make fun of black people. I reaally don't care. But when it's getting questionably outdated, like the whole thing of all black people killing 198346463 people per day. Mhm, yeah.

But back to him selling out, he promotes his book 172453527274649202937% of the time and it's so annoying dude. Like your book is shlit, I've read a bit. It ain't funny. And then his movies. His content back in 2012 wasn't comedy gold but it was still hilarious. But in movie form, you just want to cringe. This is the breakdown for it:

Fat Shane is fat
Lonely Shane is lonely
Rude girls are rude
Genitals are genitals
Pubic hair is pubic hair
Old people sex is gross
Fat Shane is fat

I AM SO RIGHT ABOUT ALL OF THat^

And this is part of a bigger trend overall. Being a YouTuber now is the equal to being an MTV host back in the day. You're there to sell the actual artists. No one cares about your one sided personality or flat jokes. They're either there for your opinions or reviews. Like fr.

And idk why we place so much importance on people who film videos in their closet. Especially people like Dan Howell. Like yo, you really think they care about you wanting to kill yourself? No, they care about the money you're giving em. Or people like Superwoman. I've mentioned this before but I used to be so obsessed with her. But after she got popular around last year, she does all this shlit with her parents bc she knows that's what sells. You think these popular YouTubers are here for you or care about you but they ain't. They want the finer things in their life (50 Cent reference😏) so they hustle. And you're buying that shlit.

And you could say the same stuff about Marshall or any people like that. And I don't really have a defense for that. But with YouTubers, they act like "their just like you". That's the appeal. So eff it, I'll make a YouTuber parody right fugging now.

Video Starts:

*Introduce some perfect, generic looking white girl with 1937462 lbs. of makeup in front of a pastel blue wall with the sunlight beaming on her*

*Playing some basic arse music like The Weeknd or Taylor Swift*

Hey everyone, I'm Ashley Samson and I'm doing a Q + A. But since I have like negative 293746463628299284747732 friends, I have to do it with myself. *Cue cricket noises*

*Answers like four questions in a ten minute video*

*Reviews makeup*

*Makes joke about being ugly and fat bc self loathing is comedy gold*

*Give all social media's so people can follow Ashley's boring and vapid lifestyle*

*Leaves*

^Every popular YouTuber ever, dude.